13. theres a reason

tw: not sure? lmk if you think i need to add any

quackity pov:

i don't know how to feel. don't get me wrong, i am enjoying myself so much with my best friends. but, there was a moment when sapnap pulled karl into the water. i pretended i didn't see it, but what even was that? do they have a thing for each other? do they even know they have a thing for each other? this week is going to be so funny from my perspective, but maybe awkward for them?

i don't want this week to be a 'oh let me find out how i feel about sapnap' kind of thing. i want this week to be a 'i can't believe i'm meeting my best friend ive known for years but never got the chance to meet'. i just feel like they shouldn't use this time to figure out their feelings, it makes me feel left out.

i mean, i'm happy for them and all that. i just wish they could figure this all out without me being here. i'm hoping none of them come to me all like 'big q!!! please help!!! ive fallen in looovvveeee' because i will just leave.

either way, i had a great first day with them, i was anxious that there would be some awkward moments where we didn't know how to act in real life because our friendship had been through screens for so long, but it was perfect and i'm so so happy we decided to finally meet up, even if the circumstances are shit.

karl pov:

the second day is as perfect as the first. i prepare us a picnic for lunch, as i am the first to wake up. although i probably won't eat much of it, i hope quackity and sapnap enjoy it.

sapnap. we need to talk about sapnap. because what the fuck is going on? am i getting ... romantic feelings? well, i think we already knew that was happening, but does he feel the same? i feel like trying to figure ourselves out in front of quackity may not be the best way to go about things. but you gotta do what you gotta do.

there's just something about him. i stand corrected, there are so many things about him. he's gorgeous, to start with. his hair is gorgeous, his eyes are gorgeous, his build is gorgeous. his personality, my god. he's so goddamn kind and caring as if i'm the only one who matters. i'm sure more people matter, but the way he treats me is like i'm the only guy in the world. i don't even know whether he actually likes boys or not, but he definitely hinted at it.

enough about sapnap.

quackity! my best friend, my longest friend. the person i have relied on and one of the only people who have kept me company over the past few years. he means so so much to me, im thrilled to be able to actually see him in real life. now of course, ive seen his face before, but he's just even more perfect in real life. i don't think of him how i think of sapnap - our relationship is purely platonic and if for some reason it turned romantic, we would still have the kind of 'best friend' relationship. i love him to bits and this one day so far has been the best of my life.

sapnap pov:

'guys, i'm kinda scared for what my parents are going to say when we go home. like, my dad was already upset about how i started skipping a few classes to hang out with karl, he's going to be fucking pissed when he finds out i spent five whole DAYS away with no permission.' i say, stress building up as we eat our lunch, cross-legged on a picnic blanket in a clearing of the woods.

'sap, i know you are - hell, we all are,' karl sighs, 'but we decided to come here, knowing the consequences would be shit, we have to try and ignore the worry and enjoy the short time we have together, free of all the bullshit we have to live with every day.' he then reaches his hand out and puts it on my knee, reassuringly. this small gesture made me feel kinda happy inside, just from him putting a hand on my knee. what's wrong with me - i have a girlfriend, i can't be feeling these things.

quackity stands up and puts a hand out for both me and karl to take, 'come on, guys, let's stop being sad and worried and shit. enjoy yourselves!' he laughs his contagious laugh, which sets karl and i off as well.

we spent the rest of the day not doing much, just relaxing and enjoying our limited time together. quackity, being the only one who brought his phone, was playing music with a portable speaker he brought with him. when this one song came on, quackity got really hyped, even though the song seemed sad.

'my friend wilbur wrote this song!' he exclaims happily, jumping up to perform for us.

'your city gave me asthma
so that's why im fucking leaving
and your water gave me cancer
and the pavement hurt my feelings
shouuuuut at the wall
because the walls don't fucking love you
shoooouuuuuuut at the wall
because the walls don't fucking love you'

at this point, quackity ran back over to us and grabbed karl and i up by our arms so we could join him in dancing, he continued to shout the lyrics to us, although we'd never heard this song.

'THERE'S A REASON
LONDON PUTS BARRIERS ON THE TUBE LINE
THERE'S A REASON
LONDON PUTS BARRIERS ON THE RAILS
THERE'S A REASON
THEY FAIL'

he started clapping and we joined in, making him bow for us, 'lets goooo big q!'

see, quackity had the ability to make anything happy, those lyrics would have made me cry if i wasn't laughing with my two best friends.

best friend seems like the wrong word to use for karl.

but what else do i call him?

-------------------------------------------

994 words

sorry i havent uploaded in a while, this chapter is kinda a filler idk what im doing rn i promise it gets good soon :)