Three

I take another step up and stand on the railing and close my eyes, enjoying and taking in what I feel and hear.

I finally feel at peace.

"This seems oddly familiar to the titanic." A male voice says behind me.

I didn't bother looking behind me, "Except I'm not going to kill myself. Go away."

"Id feel really bad if I left a girl who says she's not suicidal but she's standing on the edge of the boats railing out here alone." He comments back.

I open my eyes and groan loudly, stepping down. "You've ruined my peace." I turn around to look at him, and I'm amazed at the sight. Finally a guy here who is actually attractive and my type. Tall, not too skinny but not too bulky, brown floppy mustache hair....a really, really, nice face.

He had a drink in one hand and the other was shoved in his pocket.

"Wow, at least you're prettier than the girl in the titanic." He commented.

I scoffed at him, "I've swore off guys like you."

"Guys like me?"

"Yeah. The cute, innocent, golden retriever facade on the outside. But on the inside you're really a evil, narcissistic, greedy douche bag."

"We'll I've sworn off suicidal girls, they're no fun." He spoke like he was speaking from experience. His eyes twinkled and the side of his lip pulled into a smile.

"If I was suicidal, I'd be dead by now. Trust me." I turn away from him and walk to the other side of the boat dock.

"You know it stinks out here." He said from behind me, changing the subject. I kept my eyes locked out on the horizon, trying to occupy and distract myself from him.

"I don't smell anything. Must be smelling yourself."

"Maybe. Wanna come back to my room and join me in the shower?" I looked at him from over my shoulder to see him nonchalantly taking a sip of his drink.

"You're bold."

"What can I say? I'm a man who knows what he wants."

"And I'm a girl whose not interested. Go back inside and find a white, blonde, rich daddy's- money girl who will gladly slip her underwear off for you, there's plenty to chose from." I turn back to look out at the ocean.

"Thought I was talking to one."

"I'm not blonde, nor am I white." I roll my eyes at him. I'm half white, half African American. With dark brown hair and fake, faded out blonde highlights.

You'd think those pretty eyes would see the details.

"I'm Colvin, Colvin Blaque." I turn around to look at him and let out a airy laugh,

"Great. Another c name."

"What is that suppose to mean?" He raises an perfectly shaped eyebrow at me.

"It means you're definitely a evil, narcissistic, greedy douche bag." I repeat my words from earlier.

He laughs at me, turning his face away from me and out towards the ocean, "Not all of us C names are assholes and give unforgivable trauma." He looks back at me with a smile, "just a handful of us."

"Yeah well I'm not interested in testing that theory." I cross my arms over my chest, my clutch hanging in my hand on the side.

"Well Ive heard that people whose name starts with a C are amazing in bed, do you wanna try out that theory?" I push myself off the railing and walk over to him, narrowing my eyes at him with all the fake disrespect and disgust in the world.