Chapter 3

Everything happened at once, he didn't see the lady crossing the road as he was on the phone with his girlfriend Ansaar , who was spitting nonsense at that moment, bad words to worse words, called him names for he refused to send her money for her cousin's wedding asoebi, He has always complained about her to both friends and family, she nags too much, she was never understanding and always want things done her way, but what could he do?

When his parents thought they've made the rightful decision for him. He had always said " Ansaar, I hope you don't kill me someday before my time." She'd yell at him for saying that and has always got something to pick a fight for all the time.

But that day, the day he hit a girl, it's not him that Ansaar has killed, but a girl of unknown identity, "I pray she doesn't die, ya Allah save her life!" He prayed silently as he paced back and forth in the little space in front of the door that read "emergency".

He heard the creak of a door opening as he quickly turned to see a man on a white lab coat, it was the doctor, he had his suit trousers on, and a lilac purple shirt buttoned down, and not tucked in, as his well ironed lab coat rested on his broad shoulders and chiseled arms "doctor what's happening?" "Tell me everything at once." He spoke breathless, as the fear of killing a being stroke him every second there.

"Calm down?" The doctor spoke in a soft tone, "she'll be fine. A family or friend?" He asked

"None sir, I was the driver that hit her sir."

"Too bad, we need a member of her family as soon as possible, she has loosed so much blood, she needs blood transfusion immediately."

The gentleman stood on his heels and rotated, with his palms , he rubbed hisface and head in repetition, he watched as the doctor left for his office and said something to a nurse before vanishing at once.

The man looked up to heaven, confused as he spoke through pressed lips, seeking for help, his hands were held together to a Strong fist, as all he could do was pray she don't die.

He then followed the trail of the doctor, "doctor we can't find any family, right now, isn't there blood in your bank, I'm willing to pay any amount, I just need this woman to be alive." The man with precipitation in his forehead spoke, with weakness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, sir we don't have any, and there's nothing we can do without that sir." The doctor stated matter of factly.

He then rested on the office rocking chair, rocking, left to right, front to back,  in confusion, then he said "take my blood, check if mine match hers."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The doctor asked with concern, for he works professionally, he wouldn't want to have issues later.

He took some minutes that lasted long like hours, thinking how he'd have his blood transfused into a stranger, what if her family disagree to that? What if she dies after that?

He scratched the thought away, and went back to answer the doctor's question, "I'm sure, if this will keep her alive lets do it." "She shouldn't know about this please." He stated.

The doctor called a nurse on his office line, and asked The man to join her in the other room.

"If I may ask, but why sir?" The doctor threw the question at him, as he made to leave.

"Why what?" The man asked, his mind wasn't there at all.

"Why do you want to keep this with us?" He explained further.

"Nothing important, just so she don't feel, like she owe me anything."

The doctor nodded in compliance, and the confused Gentleman left for the other room, he gave out a pint of blood for her, and promised not to let her know anything about it to himself.

Oh well, then who's this gentleman?
Poor Zayba gws,
Chapter 3 here,
Don't forget to vote, comment
And share.
Love, Nazy💙