Chapter 23- So Now You Know

Start from the beginning

As of now, we were at Cameron's house helping them move all their belongings. They had already got the keys to their new house, and so could now take their sweet old time moving and packaging all their belongings. Adam and Sumaya drove back home and since the timing was perfect, they've been able to help them out too. I think it has been obvious to Cameron the non-relationship relationship there is between Cameron and I. I mean, physically, there is nothing on between us of course, but there is a mutual love and respect, and something else in the mix that I myself am uncertain of. I know now that Cameron loves me, but I'm not exactly sure if it's a romantic love he has for me, or a friendship type of love that he's grown to appreciate and cherish. Although I hope it's not just the latter, it's not up to me to decide what he feels. So as of now, I am just going with the flow and seeing where it takes me. Like Teta has always said, it's the journey, not the destination.

Ibby walked straight from the backyard, into the house and then to the truck outside with a packaged gazebo in his arms. He did not look happy one bit, considering the fact that Sumaya practically forced him to come and help out, which he whined about the entire ride here. It's obvious he's not a big fan of Cameron, after he asked me why I wouldn't give him a chance and I cited Cameron as one of the reasons. But, still, I mean he didn't have to be such a sauerkraut.

"Cameron!" Teta yelled upstairs. "We need you!" Cameron ran down the flight of stairs and stared at us frantically looking for the source of problem.

"What-what's going on? What happened?" he asked, trying to catch his breath.

"Oh, hehe," Teta said sheepishly. "We need some more newspaper," she put on a mega-watt smile and Cameron just sighed.

"Gosh, you scared me," he put a hand over his chest and shook his head. I decided to go ahead and help him so I jogged to keep up with him as we both headed to the garage.

"Hey," I smiled at him.

"Hey," he replied looking down at me, winking. I could feel my face heat up slightly.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"So..."

"So..."

"Do you need some help?" I offered.

"Yeah, sure," he smirked as he handed me a recycling bin full of old newspapers, which I grabbed with an 'uff'.  

"Hey, Dunya, listen, I've been meaning to talk to you about what happened that day when my dad came," he began, shuffling his feet in the process. "Well, when I said I lo-"

"Hey guys! Isabela's calling you!" Ibby interrupted and I internally groaned. Really, Ibby? Really? You chose a time like this, right when he was going to tell me something important?

"Oh yeah, okay, we better get going," Cameron muttered as he turned around and began walking. I squeezed the life out of the recycling bin as we made our way inside.

Teta stood there with Isabela, removing silverware from the cupboards and placing them on the countertop, ready to wrap with newspaper and place in large boxes.

"Can you please stop making googly eyes at each other and bring us the newspaper?" Teta asked, exasperatingly, and I looked up and noticed Cameron's face turn a slight shade of pink.

He placed his bin down, as did I, and he rubbed his neck nervously. "I'm, uh, going to go dissemble Maxy's bed, then," he said to Isabela and Teta who kept exchanging knowing glances with one another.

After a while of packing up, the kitchen was finally complete. Isabela insisted that I take a break so I went out to the backyard and sat down on the patio deck and looked up at the sky, which was an amalgamation of, warm and inviting orange, red and yellow colors. The sight was absolutely breathtaking. Even though I could hear Teta trying to convince Sumaya that putting sumac in fattoush salad is a must, and Adam and Ibby disputing over who is better in the WWE, Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar, I filtered everything out. It was just me and nature... until I heard the screen door opening and could feel the presence of tall being.