Thirty Five

Harry P.O.V

Louis really wasn't joking when he said Christmas comes right as Halloween ends. At midnight last night, he shoved a Christmas playlist on the loud speaker, blasting Wham's Christmas song all over the house and turned his fairy lights in the bedroom from white to red and blue. 

I wasn't happy about the fact that it woke the kids up in the middle of the night and they all began dancing around the room, screaming "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart but the very next day, you gave it away!" At the top of their lungs like they were at some type of concert.

I made Louis get them back to bed- he eventually got them down at one in the morning. 

That also means that this morning, the kids were very grouchy and tired- they have school today and having five hours sleep really wasn't great. Especially Robin, he's had a tantrum once already this morning and I won't be surprised if he has one at nursery too. Let's just hope he can have an extra long nap this afternoon. 

We dropped them off at school and now Louis is driving us in my car to the shops for some Christmas shopping. 

"Well, what is it that the kids want?" He asks, flicking the indicator with his middle finger and the way he does it, makes it look so hot. 

I shrug, going to change the song from Mariah Carey that we've listened to five times in the past hour but Louis slaps my hand away with a sweater pawed hand. He pushes the beanie on his head up as it begins to slip and he just looks so soft right now.

"I know they want a pet but every kid does. Robin keeps talking about an oven he sees on Cbeebies. His birthday is December fifteenth so I need to figure out what to buy him then as well." I bring my hands toward the heater to try and get them warmer. 

"A Christmas baby, just like me, I see! Though, I'm Jesus, so, I win." 

I shake my head fondly. He's such a child himself. We park up outside The Entertainer shop and walk right on in. 

It's a little busy but not as busy as it will be in December so it was a good idea of Louis' for us to do the Christmas shopping now.

I grab a wheel basket and wheel it behind me. Louis puts my hand in his, plodding through aisle after aisle to see if we can find anything that catches our eye.

He points. "What about a trike for his birthday?" He asks, looking up at the orange trike.

I bring it down and roll it this way and that, steering it around to see how well it is. I purse my lips. "Sure."

He takes it from me, putting it over his neck like you would a snake, holding it so his arms are either side of him like a cross. 

We find the box for the fake oven and I pop it into the large basket. We spot a Barbie stables with three horses, Barbie and a few accessories. I bring it down. 

"Now Darcy would love that." 

"Natalie would too," Louis pipes.

I nod. "Yeah, it can be Darcy's present but they can play with it together. Besides, Natalie will probably prefer riding herself." She's gone a few times now to the stable to groom and sit on Princess. Though with the cold weather, she's felt less and less motivated to go.

We find a baby Annabelle doll for Natalie, the ones that you can feed and they will wee and poo and stuff. 

"I think they deserve more than this," Louis says. 

"Maybe, yeah. They are good kids. Don't forget we still have to shop for Santa toys too," I point out. 

Louis gasps dramatically, faking fluster by placing his hand to his forehead. "Harry! Are you- are you telling me that he isn't real?" He says, jokingly wobbling his bottom lip.