2.

I quickly look at Liam, and he's still taking with his friends. He faces towards me again and is about to open his mouth, until he looks down and sees that I haven't gotten anything to eat. He always loves to eat half my plate, and so he's very concerned.

"Where's your food," he says. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?  Am I still sleeping? How do I wake up?

"Oh shut up," I say. If it's a dream, I guess i'll just have to play along. This can't be real. 

I go back to the lunch line and serve myself with as you can guess it— eggs and waffles. I walk back to the table, and sit back next to Liam. There's still something I need to try.

I pinch myself. (maybe I should've done this earlier, but I'm a bit slow on things). There's the same reaction, than there is if it were real life. In short: pain. I pinch myself again; but it still feels the same. Then, I'm furious and and I slap myself, hoping for dear life that I didn't—

"Mikey, what the hell are u doing?"

I turn to see Liam, and I'm just frozen.

"Uhh.." I close my mouth. We just stay like that for a minute, until he breaks the silence.

"You're such an idiot," he says. 

He continues to eat, and then faces me again. "So what's the plan for today?"

Wait— what? Isn't this what he asked earlier too?

"There won't be any," I grumpy respond. What am I suppose to do now? Am I dead? Is this just a really realistic dream? 

"Well, you never do anything for your birthday, and that's no fun. I want some cake, you know? Have a party." 

Liam is peacefully eating and talking to me, but I get pissed because of how bad today's already going. I couldn't sleep, and I keep repeating things that happened already! I could be dead! And he's still asking about some of the most stupidest gibberish that I don't even care about anymore.

"NO! I'M THE BORIEST PERSON ON THE PLANET, AND I'M REALLY NOT IN THAT MOOD!" 

I stare furiously at Liam now, who has a shocked expression on his face. I wish that he actually got scraped now from that knife.

The table slams, and the utensil flies up in his direction. Like last time, he barely dodged it. Then, something changed. It's as if time started to warp, and the knife changes direction. It cuts him on the edge of his neck, juts glazing him by a bit.

Blood starts to fall, and Liam winces in pain. He takes a napkin and puts it next to the cut, so that he can prevent a mess.

"Oh sh!t."

I thought it, but I didn't actually mean it. Did I? I quickly rush toward his aid, and get more napkins for his cut.

Though now, I'm actually concerned for myself. Did time just... alter? Not only that, did it happen because of me?

The teachers and counselors turn toward us now, and then one of them comes up to me. Another goes to get a nurse for Liams wound.

"Let's get you back to your room now, shall we?" The adult then proceeds to grab me by the arm, and starts to drag me out of the dining hall. 

"Wait! My friend is inquired! Let me stay with him," I plea.

"You already disrupted breckfast for everyone. It's disrespectful. There isn't much you can do anyways," the man lectures. 

The nurse arrives, and takes him away to her office.

I'm so sick of everyone today! The adults now, especially. They always treat Liam and I unfairly, because of how we still aren't adopted and still need to be taken care of. We drain their money. But what could we do about it?

"Let go of me," I scream.

The man stops his tracts next to the cafeteria door and furiously shouts, "Do you want to get left on the streets? We can certainly arrange that for you!"

The children eating looks at him in terror. They start looking at each other, and whispering. He looks back at them.

"SHUT UP," he orders. The kids immediately become quiet, scared of what he'll do next. At that point, I'm done with this charade. 

So that's  why I punch him in the face.

It seems that time warps again, but I'm too zoned in to care. Time loops, and I get to punch him again and again, in the same timespace. We're then back to before he made a scene, and then a kitchen pan glitches into view, and smashes his head. It comes from his right, and is flung the other direction, sending him to the ground. Afterward, we're back to after I supposedly punched him, except that he was already on the floor from all the other damage I did.

Wow... I did this. This is really cool!

Though then, I remember back to how I inquired, and could've killed my friend. The administrator rushes to pick up her friend and looks at me.

No, it's dangerous, and I can't control it

"MY OFFICE, AT ELEVEN SHARP. GOT THAT?" 

The crowd is unsettled, shocked, and scared of what just happened. The woman is looking at me, furious.

I glare at her and for a second, she looks at me scared. But then, she strengthens her resolve and asks the others to supervise me into my room.

What the hell did I just do.