Chapter 10: False Intentions

Jack raised his foot behind him, kicking it shut as he walked in. "Do you wanna hear a song?" He burst out, elongating the o. "Come on," He bent down, his lips against my ear, whispering, "It'll be fun." His voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Jack! Open the door!" Masky shouted from the other side of the door. I could hear muffled words behind him, but couldn't make out who or what they were, I could only hear Laughing Jack and Masky.

"All around the mulberry bush..." He began, walking around me, "The monkey chased the weasel..."

"Jack! Open the fucking door!" BEN shouted through the wooden door. They were banging on the door, trying to force it open.

"Jackie??" Sally whispered. Jack lifted his head, his attention on the child's voice. "Please don't hurt my new friend."

Jack sighed, "The monkey stopped to scratch his nose..."

"Jackie, please. Please don't hurt my friend." She silently yelled over Jacks lyrics. I could hear the fear and shakiness of her voice. "Please..." she pleaded. Jack sighed, bending down to my ear, all the while ignoring Sally's pleads.

"Pop goes the weasel..." He whispered in my ear with a smirk. My head got heavy, and my eyelids got droopy.

Crash

The door flew open, with BEN, Masky, and Sally running in. "Too late." Jack mumbled. My eyes grew heavier, and everything around me once again was darkened. My body was colder. I relaxed, letting sleep envelop me as I gave into the darkness.

******************
BEN'S POV
"Avril!" I stormed into her room with Masky following me. Avril was on the floor, passed out. "What did you do!" I shouted at Laughing Jack. He was sitting on Avrils window sill, smirking at her.

"Don't make such a big deal out of it, BEN. I simply took care of her." He responded, jumping out of the window.

"Avril," I remember, spinning around to face her. I ran up beside Masky, who was sitting by her side trying to wake her up.

"I'll go get Slender and Hoodie." He whispered. He slowly stood, walking away.

Why did Jack have to do this? I promised Slendy that I would look after her... I failed him. I had never broken a promise before. I didn't know what would would happen...

"BEN?" Slenderman called from the hall. "What happened?" He popped into Avril bedroom doorway, holding the frame.

"Jack..." I responded silently, "He... I don't know. He did... this!" I yelled, gesturing towards Avrils unconscious body. Slender strode towards me with confidence like he had practiced this before. Or done this before... I thought.

"Go in the other room. I'll figure this out." He sighed, me leaving the room. I went into the living room and sat across from Masky and Hoodie, who were babbling on about some mission they went on for Slendy.

20 minutes later

"Ugh..." I sighed. Jeff was sitting at the table, swirling his knife in the wood, while I was sitting on the couch, vigorously shaking my leg in anticipation. As soon as I heard the first footstep, I raised my head and stood up.

"He didn't do anything wrong." Slender whispered, surprise soaking his words.

"What?" Jeff and I said at the same time.

"He saved her, basically. He gave us the only option to protect her."

"What happened?" I demanded.

"When he said the final line of his song, he put her to sleep. The only way to waker her up... it save her from the danger of this house."

"Slenderman!" I threw my fist down on the table in front of me, "What did he do!?"

"BEN..." he whispered, looking down, "She's a pasta."

********************

Holy CLIFFHANGER

Okay so I wanna go over some stuff: When Jack went into Avrils room, his intention was to kill her. Since Jack used to work with kids as a clown, he has a little soft spot for Sally. When she said not to hurt Avril, he changed his mind.
Anyways, I know, I know, it's intense. But if you were taken in by killers, would you expect them to be entirely sane? No. I just made Jeff and Jack a little bit more insane than the others. If you wanna know the deal with Jane (from the last chapter) and why she lives with Slenderman but isn't his proxy, then...

Comment "I" here

But, I have a feeling the next chapter is gonna either be intense like this one, or have a lot of information in it.

Also, I just wanna say it means the world to me when I see that someone commented on my story or chose to vote for it. And...

I hit 400 total reads on this! Woah!
Thanks!!

Anyways,
Peace out!
-Teddy
xx
ilysm