☆⁸☆

(It kinda works out for me that Aren actually puts his arm around Kaidou ;-; unless the picture isn't official then oh well.)

As soon as Kaidou heard the last bell he rushed to the shoe lockers and out to the gate to wait for Aren. Once Aren made it to the gates they started off toward a sushi place. As they were walking Kuboyasu took Kaidou's hand in his own and held it as a reminder that he was there for Shun. Kaidou almost cried, still feeling guilty about the thoughts he's been having about his friend. Kaidou laced their fingers together, testing how far he could go before Aren pulled away. Kuboyasu welcomed the gesture and squeezed Shun's hand in reassurance as they walked in silence. They soon made it to the sushi place and got a table to sit at.

"I'm glad your nightmares stopped." Aren said after they ordered. Kaidou smiled and nodded. "Uhm y-yea. I think it was the cause of the Dark Reunion but luckily I, the Jet Black Wings, was able to stop those pesky dreams." Kaidou babbled his hero story while Kuboyasu listened intently. That was another thing Kaidou adored Kuboyasu for, no matter how childish Kaidou acted, Kuboyasu never shunned him or made him feel stupid. It gave Kaidou a fuzzy feeling whenever Kuboyasu would listen to his stories.

After they finished eating and they had payed, they went outside and started walking toward Kaidou's house. "Thanks for inviting me out today. I had fun Shun." Kuboyasu said with a smile grabbing Kaidou's hand. Kaidou gently squeezed Aren's hand. "No problem! I- I had a lot of fun too." Kaidou smiled at Kuboyasu. They walked in silence for a few minutes until all of a sudden Kuboyasu stopped which made Kaidou stop as well. "Aren, is somethi-" Kaidou started but was soon cut off. "I have something I want to tell you." Kuboyasu said hanging his head slightly and relaxing his grip on Kaidou's hand a little.

Kaidou nodded and waited anxiously for whatever Kuboyasu was going to say. "I- I have feelings, for you. Not friend feelings. I- I like you Shun. I don't really know your feelings toward me and if they're anything but platonic but even if they aren't, I don't want this to ruin our friendship. I- I care for you so much, it would hurt to not be friends with you." Aren finished with tears streaming down his cheeks, hesd still bowed. Kaidou didn't know what to do, he just tightened his grip on Kuboyasu's hand. "There's no need to cry Aren. I thought you were supposed to be a delinquent." Kaidou said softly with a light chuckle at the end. "There's no need to worry about ruining our friendship either Aren. I care about you a lot, way more than I show. And I've had feelings for you for a while now, so the feeling is mutual." Kaidou said while smiling up at Aren.

Aren smiled and wiped his tears a little. He looked at Kaidou and moved closer to him, leaning his head down so his lips were barely brushing Kaidou's. Kaidou moved his head forward a little to finally press his lips to Kuboyasu's. They kissed for a few seconds, moving to a closer embrace until they parted. Kuboyasu smiled at Kaidou and Kaidou hid his face in Aren's neck out of embarrassment. Kuboyasu laughed a little a rubbed Kaidou's back. Eventually they kept walking hand in hand to Kaidou's house. Once they got there, Kaidou waved goodbye to Aren and went inside. As soon as Kaidou shut the door he heard his mother. "We need to talk." Kaidou's mother said as he looked at her. Fear shot down Kaidou's spine at her words. 'What could she want to talk about?' Kaidou thought, he had finished his extra work, he was getting good grades and helping out at home.

"A- about what?" Kaidou tried not to stutter but failed. Kaidou's mother pulled out his dream notebook and handed it to him. "Care to explain what this is Shun?" Kaidou took the book with trembling hands. 'Where did she find this?!' He was pretty sure he put it in his nightstand after writing in it this morning. "It's... I..." Shun didn't know what to say, either way his mother was going to get mad. "Is this true?" She asked sternly while glaring at Kaidou.

"Wha- I..." All Kaidou could do was stutter out half made words while trying not to panic. "Shun, do you, have feelings for a, boy?" Kaidou's mother asked saying the last part a little quieter, not wanting it to be true. Kaidou could just stare at his mother, not saying anything in hopes she'd drop the issue. After not answering her for a while, Kaidou's mother sighed. "I don't want you seeing this boy. If this is real, I don't want it happening." Kaidou was close to tears, he wasn't supposed to see Aren. He had just told Kuboyasu how he felt, and now he wasn't allowed to see him?