Chapter Seven: Godey's Journal

Start from the beginning

"He is aiming for--Cranidos! Stop the attack!" Roark called out having finally realized Xavier's plan.

But he was a little late in calling out the attack. Much of Machop's frame was already covered in burnt and soot marks. The Superpower Pokémon could feel a surge of extraordinary power coursing through him. Even more than when he used Bulk Up. Now he understood why his trainer wanted him to take the flames head on.

"Now Karate Chop!" Xavier commanded with a confident smirk on his face.

Machop dashed off like a marathon runner, his arms glowing in a harsh white glow before reaching for the Rock-type and swinging him arms at him. Craidos tried to retaliate by using his hard head to counter it but the power behind the Karate Chop was too much even for his head. One swing sent him flying yet Machop hadn't stopped yet.

He sprinted after him switching from Karate Chop to Dual Chop for multiple strikes at once. Cranidos was left defenseless, taking in the onslaught of the strikes from the Superpower Pokémon. With the idea of ending this right here and now, Machop went for a final Dual Chop right at his abdomen. One hit was enough to send him flying through and the latter crashed on a rock protrusion of the battlefield.

When the dust cloud cleared away, Cranidos was found unconscious.

"Cranidos is unable to battle! Machop wins!" The referee raised the green flag. "The winner is Challenger Xavier from Viridian City!"

_____________________________________________________________

Professor Rowan stood on the backyard of his laboratory observing over a Gastly which was about to evolve along with a few other scientists working in his lab. A few them held clipboards with papers on them to take down the notes and a device which calculated energy readings was kept nearby.

There is a theory which stated that when Pokémon evolve, they release a certain amount of energy. What Professor Rowan wanted to test here is whether the Pokémon who evolve release the same wavelength of energy when evolving even if they are of different species or is the energy output different. If they are able to conclude results from this test, they might be able to shed some light on why some species do not evolve at all.

The Gastly took down her opponent which was a Parasect owned by one of the lab members. She soon got surrounded in a white glow after winning the bout. The device begin acting up too, recording the energy readings released in this process. 

Her body underwent several physical changes while on the basis of weight, she began feeling lighter. A pair of claw-like extensions not connected through her body took shape right in front her face. Three large, spiked protrusions took shape on either sides while her triangular eyes remained same and so did her long tongue. 

The light subsided revealing Gastly in her second evolution, Haunter.

The device cooled down after the light had subsided. The printer kept nearby printed out a paper with energy readings which one of Professor Rowan's aides tore out and attached it on the clipboard. They begin taking down notes while Professor Rowan himself tended to both Parasect and Haunter.

"Professor! There is a call for you!" One of the aides appeared from the backdoor of the lab which led her to the backyard. "It's Tonio from Alamos Town. He says its urgent and he wants to talk to you only."

"Tonio?" Professor Rowan had a curious look on his face. Giving it a thought he spoke again. "Take care of them. i will go and see what it is."

Tonio was one of his students though more than Pokémon, the boy was more interested in mechanics and ancient structures. His interest lied in architecture. 

Professor Rowan reached the Video Caller where Tonio's anxious face was visible. Appearance wise Tonio is a man in his early twenties with short, light violet hair and black eyes. He wore a full-sleeved white shirt under a sleeveless light green sweater and dirt brown jeans.

"Good day to you Professor Rowan." Tonio greeted when the renowned Professor came into view.

"Same to you." Professor Rowan responded, his voice gruff and serious like usual.

"I figured what my great-grandfather was trying to convey in his journal and there is something I want to show you." Tonio spoke up showing the old and worn out journal he had been reading.

"You want to show me? What is it?" Professor Rowan asked. As a fellow scientist his curiosity skyrocketed. Tonio's great-grandfather Godey was a famous architect in his time and had built many famous structures across the land of Sinnoh. 

One of his greatest architectural designs were the Space-Time Towers in Alamos Town. This town was his own residential place.

"I can't tell you here. This needs to be talked in person." Tonio replied. His voice sounded urgent. which wasn't missed by Professor Rowan at all.

"I see.." Professor Rowan scratched his chin in thought. He could spare a few days to visit Alamos Town which is a day's trip from Jubilife. "I will be there by tomorrow."

"Thank you Professor. I will be grateful and I assure that this discovery will blow off your mind." Tonio gave a relieved smile though it was short-lived on his busy face. 

Greeting each other goodbyes, both of them turned off their Video Callers before Professor Rowan turned around to face his assistants and called them out to pack his staff and more specifically the reports of today's evolution testing. He would give them a look on his way to Alamos. 

As a Professor his interest was greatly intrigued over what mystery does the journal of the famous Godey holds. The more he thought about it, the more his interest got piqued. 

'If this is my reaction then I wonder how those two history and myth fanatics would react? Should I give them a call?'

_____________________________________________

Badge in hand, Xavier traced back his steps to Jubilife City as there was no way to go anywhere from the mining city called Oreburgh City and the only way to move forward is Jublife City. Just like before, it took him half a day to reach back to Jubilife. Back in Jubilife, he became a lost cause again since he has no idea where to go from here. 

Currently he was standing in front of a signboard which showed an entire map of Jubilife City below the signs. There were also indications of the places which could be traveled from said city.

"So Alamos, Floaroma and Oreburgh can be traveled on foot." The dark haired male muttered to himself. "Maybe I should get a map from the stores before heading out. Also I need to know where the next gym would be."

"Yo! There is something going on in the north exit."

Xavier's attention was diverted from reading the map when he heard the gossips from the people around. Was it another celebrity visit which attracted a crowd or did someone actually created a scene this time? 

'Wherever I go, I have to take the north exit anyway. Let's see what all the fuss is about.'

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________