Nevertheless, the masked man ignored him.

(Y/N), meanwhile, only sighed internally and stood to bow her head in greeting as well as in apology.

"I see you getting along with the dorm ghosts, good, good."

"What did you come here for, headmaster?" The non-magic user questioned before the monster could for the sake of putting things politely.

"I have a request to make of you. It's not simple chit-chat so let's go inside." Crowley gestured to the two.

Following the man's lead, they did so.

"What's this request about? We're not handymen any longer, ya know." Grim grumbled with a frown, sitting on the couch.

"Oh really? I don't remember saying anything on your room and board being free of charge?" The principal of the academy challenged.

"Labor is a beautiful thing, yes, Grim, prefect?"

"We'll listen," (Y/N) sighed as she had to do as told in order for her to have a roof above her head while she is in Twisted Wonderland.

Satisfied with her answer, the dean spoke.

"Then I will get straight to the point."

"Recently, there has been an increase on students as they were injured in suspicious accidents. I'd like you both to investigate them."

"Injuries?" Grim repeated.

"Yes, tripping down stairs, burned by boiling water as well as other causes. They vary but for the past days in the infirmary, the number of patients increased."

"Including the person who fell down the stairs before today, this makes a total of ten injured." The principal went on.

"I'm glad none of the injuries have been severe but. . ."

"Aren't they all just clumsy?" The creature asked.

"The whole school is giddy for the Magical Shift that will be approaching, true. Even so, there were far too many people getting hurt, looking at the past years."

"On top of that, those injured in these accidents were all in the going to be starting members for the teams of their dorm," Crowley said.

"Huh?" Grim dragged on.

"It smells like foul play," (Y/N) spoke.

"Very nice deduction, however, I have no evidence on proving it was foul play," the dean crossed his arms.

"All the victims were injured in places that were filled with other students. Nevertheless, all the bystanders had said this, "They looked as if they were not paying attention."

"Sounds like they all just screwed up. There, problem solved," the creature shrugged.

"No, that's not the case," the beast tamer disagreed.

Perhaps, the students of this academy had. . slightly questionable morals. Even so, not everyone was this clueless nor careless.

Both (Y/N) and Grim truly had to look deeper.

"My dear Grim, that's quite irresponsible of you." The masked man shook his head in disapproval at Grim's response.

"It has nothing to do with me! I still can't join Magift, doesn't matter what's going to happen for me in the tournament," Grim spat.

"Is that so?" Crowley put a finger under his chin. "I'd thought I would give you a tremendous reward with your help after but. . ."

"Hmph, that's not gonna work this time! You'd need at least one hundred cans of tuna to buy my help."