Prologue

[Goodluck for those who are pulling for Baal later!]

"I- I gave you all so much information about Mondstadt, I helped you guys with diplomacy while keeping a low profile and you're doing this to me?! Damn you and your members! " Y/n, an adventurer from Fontaine, said as he was currently being entrapped by Signora and Fatui skirmishers.

"Oh, Y/n... Don't act so innocent, you imbecile. We've received news that you're trying to get inside our ranks and destroy us internally. Is it true?" Signora said, making Y/n flinch.

"Tch... So I guess you guys found out. Yes, I was planning on destroying the Fatui inside its own walls. Can you blame me though? You guys are just maniacs who follow their pathetic archon. Also, you guys planned on disposing of me after getting your precious intel." Y/n said as he smirked, irritating Signora.

"That's it! Kill him!" Signora commanded as the Fatui skirmishers rushed to Y/n. Y/n then struck his sword to the ground, making the surrounding land shake as water geysers rose up from the ground, protecting him from the skirmishers while actually pushing some up to the sky, having their lives end in a painful fall back to land.

"Too slow, harbinger!" Y/n said as he struck his sword once more to the ground, now making a taller water geyser than the one surrounding him. This bigger water geyser pushed him way up high as he jumped from the geyser and activated his wind glider.

After a few minutes of gliding, Y/n has finally reached a spot to where he can't be found by Signora and her helpers.

"Damn them. I need to help Mondstadt. That dragon is gonna be in trouble and did already cause havoc for the nation. But before that... Where the hell am I? I was attacked by Signora near Dragonspine... Hmmm..." Y/n said to himself as he brought out a map.

"Hmmm... I passed Mondstadt and Liyue's border. Currently in Liyue, huh? I guess I should stay low here than suddenly barging in one nation's problems like a dragon going wild." Y/n said.

"You think you'd get away, Y/n?" A familiar voice said, terrifying Y/n.

"Si- Signora? How did you find me so fast?" Y/n said.

"That's none of your business. Finish him." Signora commanded as two Fatui skirmishers grabbed Y/n's arm from behind, making him unable to move.

"Damn-" Y/n was abruptly interrupted by one more Fatui skirmisher hitting his head so hard.

"Throw him in the lake near Dawn Winery. If he's still alive, soon enough they'll find out that he leaked intel for the Fatuis. Let's go." Signora said as she walked away while the skirmishers threw Y/n into the water while he was unconscious.

.

.

.

"Are you okay?" A voice said as Y/n regained his consciousness.

"I- I am... Who are you and where am I?" Y/n asked.

"I'm Amber! An outrider of the Knights of Favonius at your service. I received reports that there was a man unconscious in the lake so I decided to help out. Also, it seems like you're not from here. Where are you from, strange yet respectable traveler?" Amber said to the man.

"Y/n, an adventurer from Fontaine who's currently exploring other regions." Y/n explained.

"I see, but do you remember why you're at the lake unconscious?" Amber asked, making Y/n nervous.

"I- I don't have a camp... You see, Hilichurls invaded my camp and destroyed my stuff. I decided to just drink wine to wash the pain away and I ended up drinking too much." Y/n said, successfully making up a reason to cover up what truly happened.

"Also, you caused quite a fuss for the people who saw you and you also said you don't have a home since your camp was destroyed, I need to take you to the Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius." Amber said, making Y/n more nervous.

"A- Alright, lead the way." Y/n reluctantly said as he followed Amber to the city.

.

.

.

"Welcome to Mondstadt! It's usually with people around here at the center but because one of the four winds is currently in a giffy, not many people want to go out." Amber explained as they reached inside the city walls. Y/n, has never gone inside the walls of the city, only getting his info inside the city because of people who he knew albeit these people do not know that Y/n conspired with the Fatui.

Y/n has only worked with the Fatui because of the incentives but this has proven to take a toll on him as he now regretted what he has done because he was planned to be killed by the Fatui after he did his duty of giving info.

"Alright this is the headquarters. Let's go inside." Amber said, breaking Y/n's train of thought.

"Sure..." Y/n said as They went inside the headquarters and headed left to the next door, revealing the Acting Grand Master's office.

"Master Jean, here is the strange yet respectable traveler that was found unconscious on the lake near Dawn Winery." Amber said, introducing Y/n to Jean.

"Y/n, from Fontaine, nice to meet you, master Jean." Y/n said as he bowed, trying to keep his cool up and avoid being nervous.

.

.

.

"So you got drunk as a coping mechanism because the Hilichurls destroyed your camp?" Jean asked.

"Yeah... More or less." Y/n said.

"I see, well we can't do anything about it now. There's apartments here in Mondstadt so you could stay there for now." Jean said.

"Thank you, master Jean! I'm very grateful." Y/n said, how feeling more guilty of what he did.

"You can go now, I have more work to do." Jean said as Y/n nodded. After that, Y/n was met by Amber outside the headquarters.

"So how did it go?" Amber asked.

"Well, she's beautiful." Y/n said as he smirked.

"Oh, a ladies' man who's new here, huh? And is hitting on the Acting Grand Master at that." A voice said. Amber and Y/n looked to where the voice was going and saw a blue-haired man with an eyepatch going near them.

"And who are you?" Y/n asked.

"Amber, mind introducing me?" The man said.

"Y/n, this is Kaeya, the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius. Kaeya, this is Y/n, an adventurer that hailed from Fontaine and is for now residing here at Mondstadt." Amber said.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. But aren't you enjoying yourself too much to hit on the Acting Grand Master?" Kaeya asked as he chuckled.

"Oh... For many, Mondstadt is the nation of freedom but for me, it's the nation of beautiful girls." Y/n joked.

"I think we'll get along well. Follow me, let's get a drink or two. Treat it as a welcome party." Kaeya said as he laughed.

"I never thought you'd ask. Oh, Mondstadt wine is something I've longed for ever since I went here." Y/n said as he and Kaeya walked away, leaving Amber behind.

"D- Did I just invite a drunkard here?" Amber said as she sighed in defeat and left.