CHAPTER 6 Behind an Act

It's Monday. I'm walking from the house with Toby into the main school building. I can see Darjeeling walking with Assam. She looked at me while smiling and gave me a wave. I wave back.

"Are you dating now??"

"What? No."

"I know you went on a date with her yesterday."

"How did you know!?"

"Assam told me."

"Don't you think she gives a stalker-ish vibe?"

"Not really, Darjeeling told her that she will go out with you. She says Darjeeling was nervous, so Assam helped her pick her clothes. I really didn't think she'd get nervous though... "

"Yeah, me too."

(Third person POV)

After she gave her wave to Y/N, her heart was beating fast. She looked back to Assam.

"So... "

"So what?"

"How did the date go?"

"I told you it was not a date. I was just asking a newly recruited tank commander to accompany his superior back to land."

"Wouldn't that be fraternation?"

"'You can't blame gravity for falling in love.'"

"That's from Einstein. So you admit that you love him."

"I did not say that."

She went with Assam to their class. It's a shame that Y/N is in another classroom. It's almost time for her to get to the senshado club room. But she took a detour into the bathroom first. She wants to look good for Y/N.

She went into a stall when some students came in.

"Darjeeling is so irritating!"

"I know right, I heard she went out with one of the male students."

"I heard that gossip too. What a slut, she always acts as if she's above everyone else!"

"If you confront her about it she's probably gonna say 'have you ever hear this quote'"

"Haha, maybe one day she'll realise how useless she is."

(Y/N POV)

It's self study time. I put back the books into my bag, I can see the Centurion doll she gave me. Darjeeling didn't call me, as I told her to. I went out of class and headed to the senshado club room. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

*Knock knock*

"Don't come in!"

I took my hands off the door handle.

"Darjeeling, it's me!"

"I know who you are. I don't want to see you right now. That's an order."

Her voice is quavering. Is she crying?

"I'm coming in."

I hold the door handle and open the door. It's unlocked. I can see her standing in front of the window. It's clear that she's crying.

"I told you not to come in. Why did you defy my order?"

"It couldn't be helped."

I walked towards her and grabbed her shoulder.

"Please don't touch me."

"Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"First, you defied my order. But this has nothing to do with you."

"Then could you tell me what happened?"

She turned her face towards me. Her face looks puffy. I instinctively hug her.

"You defied my order again...."

"That was an order?"

"Not really?"

I wiped tears off her face with my handkerchief.

"Tell me what happened."

"If I tell you. Would you still see me as your commander?"

"You're the one who made me a tank commander. I will always be loyal to you."

She smiles a little. "Let's have some tea."

She then starts to tell what had happened.

~Timeskip~

"That so... "

I was thinking that she just acts strong and confident because she's the overall commander. I guess I was right.

"What do you make of me after hearing this?"

"I guess you're not intimidating after all. About chivalry, it's not just about being strong and having courage. You have to be honest with yourself and others too. Other than that I still think that you're pretty cute. Now you're even more cute."

Her face is really red.

"Ahh... thanks... "

"Darj, you don't have to hide your weaknesses ... at least to me."

"Y/N... can I kiss you?"

"You don't have to ask."

She put her lips onto mine. We then held each other' hand. Her hand is cold.

"Can I ask you for something?"

"What is it?"

"The winter continuous track cup is only in 5 months. I'm hoping I can leave in glory."

"I will support you. No matter what."