Niall was quick to comfort him and assure him that he was fine and nothing was going to happen. Little did he know, that was not the nightmare at all.

Tonight he was all alone and that when the tears came flooding. His vision was soon blurry due to the continuous tears that were soon spilling out from his eyes. He aggressively wiped them away and tried to remind himself that everything was over and he'll be fine. But that didn't do much for him.

He got out of the bed and went into the attached bathroom. Tears were still clouding his vision but he didn't care. He needed a release. He needed something to numb the ache he was feeling. It was eating him from the inside and he just needed something to distract himself.

⚠️
He closed the bathroom door behind him and searched for the sharp object on the cabinet above the sink. It took a while but he finally found it. He reached for the white pouch in which he kept his shaving items (the pouch was for when incase they had to go somewhere) and took the blade out.

He looked at it for a moment. He was contemplating wether or not he should really do this. He hadn't cut himself in two weeks but he just needed a distraction from the mental torment he was in.

After just staring at the blade for a while, he decided he's going to do it. He situated his hand up so it was above the sink and moved the blade closer to his wrist and slowly dragged it on the flesh of the skin. It drew out crimson blood from his veins and Louis liked the sight of it. He dragged the blade lightly across his wrist a few times before finally coming down from his high.

He washed the blade and kept it on the sink and then quickly washed his hand. He took out rubbing alcohol and a bandage from the first aid that was under the sink and cleaned his wrist before wrapping it up with the white bandage.
⚠️

After he cleaned up, Louis dropped onto the tiled floor against the bathroom door and moved his knees up to his chest and put his head back against the door. He felt numb.
Whenever he had such nightmares, it was as if a part of him had been taken away from him, piece by piece.

He slowly gets up and goes back to his room before putting on a full sleeve shirt. He quietly gets into bed and tries to fall asleep again. Soon he goes into a deep slumber with dry tears staining his cheeks.

The next morning, Louis groans when his alarm goes off for the 10th time this morning. He decides to sleep for a few more minutes but alas that doesn't happen. Before he can even shut his damn alarm, a chirpy Irish voice fills his ears.

He checks the time and it's 10:00am. Great! Niall walks into his room and starts jumping on his bed like a 5 year old.

"Ugggghh what is it Neill!? Let me sleep!" Louis groans pulling the covers over his head but Niall yanks it right over his head and throws the covers to the floor.

"Come on Lou! You need to get up mate! I have a very exciting news to share!!!" Niall says clearly not able to contain his excitement.

"What is it?" Louis asks slowly getting up and sitting cross legged on the bed. He notices pancakes and a cup of tea kept on a tray on his bedside table and his stomach makes a loud noise which causes Niall to laugh, "I knew you would be hungry." Niall says laughing.

"Whatever" Louis rolls his eyes fondly but digs into his food nonetheless. "When did you come?" Louis asks instead.

"Oh I came around 8:30 but you were sleeping so I let you be. You look cute while sleeping though. Also, I thought why not be a good friend and make my best mate some breakfast" Niall says making Louis blush a bit and roll his eyes at the same time.

"Oh come on Ni!" Louis exclaims, "I know you adore being my friend and you should be honoured I chose you to be my partner in crime." Louis says making Niall chuckle. "So tell me how your date went, I'm having a rough idea here that you and Liam....." Louis lingers whispering the last part, his lips stretching into smirk.

"I had the best date in my whole entire fucking life! At first Liam and I chatted and after desert he asked me to be his boyfriend and I said yes! Then we kissed which was absolutely magical and then Liam took me to his apartment where we fucked the living lights out of each other!" Niall said all in one breath.

Louis choked on his pancake, clearly surprised by Niall's boldness. He expected Niall to tell him about the date but did not expect Niall would be this bold. "Woah! That's fucking amazing! I'm so happy for you Ni!" Louis said clearly happy for his friend.

"By the way what was it that you wanted to talk about?" Niall asked remembering Louis had something to tell him. "Oh yes! About that..." Louis grinned and Niall knew exactly what it was.

"Oh my god! You got shortlisted!" Niall almost screamed.

"Your bitch did!" Louis said matching Niall's energy. They both danced and laughed.

Today the morning was really good, with Niall having a boyfriend and Louis getting shortlisted, Louis wanted this happiness, this joy to last forever. He really loved Niall for being with him. He didn't know how he got so lucky having Niall as his best mate. Louis lightly smiled to himself before him and Niall got up from his bed and Louis went to freshen up.

It was already noon by now and they just thought of ordering take out and do a movie marathon which was exactly what they did that day.

********
Okkk lovelies! Here you have it! Chapter 2.
Idk why but I think this book is going too slow. What do you think? Please let me know and I'll meet you in the next one!

Have a good day/night <3

Thanks for reading besties! 🌝💞