Crow

Crow.

He was just around the corner. Working on whatever it is he did, waiting for his next order to be called out.

The Guardian stood just out of the Spider's sight, the short hallway leading to the side room where the Crow was being their only respite away from the Tangled Shore's prying eyes and ears. They were hesitant, if only for a moment, to walk into the next room and meet Crow face to face.

Quiet footsteps followed as they stepped in and glanced around the room. Too many pipes, nets, tools scattered about for this place to feel welcoming or even be considered a "home". Like the rest of the Shore it felt cold and metallic.

Across the room, there he stood back turned away from doorway as he tinkered with... something on a workbench in front of him. The Guardian silently stood there watching for just a mere moment as Crow lifted up the metallic, spiked object, looking over his handiwork.

Young Wolf's Ghost appeared besides them, mimicking the sound of a throat being cleared to get Crow's attention. The awoken turned around, placing the object back down on the table before turning his attention fully to the Guardian.

The Guardian could have said something, yes, even a mere hello, but they still felt every fiber of their being tense as the stood alone in the room with him. Though the man in front of them seemed oblivious to this fact as the immediately began to explain their situation.

"The Reef's sky has holes in it... and the whole system is in chaos," The Crow began, his poignant orange eyes affixed on the Guardian's masked visage.

The Young Wolf intently listened of course, treating this as any other briefing for an important mission they had to take on. Xivu Arath, wrathborn, Spider, High Celebrant, etc. All important things they should remember as they let their gaze fall all around the room. Anywhere but new light in front of them.

"Apparently, the Guardian's of the Last City are old friends of mine. But... I don't remember you."

The Crow kept speaking, but Young Wolf was to busy feeling their breath silently hitch in their throat. It's easy to forget that Spider can have a cruel sense of humor. The Guardian turns their head slightly to keep listening as they look back at the lightbearer, their eyes meeting with his for a second, though no one but them would know it.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but it's... nice to be working with another Lightbearer." His voice sounds both relieved and sincere, his gaze holding Young Wolf's for a spell before he turned around and grabbed the device off the table to hand to them. The cryptolith lure, as they now knew it was called.

Ghost sent a look to their guardian. A quiet, but purport look. Young Wolf hated that sometimes. The way their Ghost sometimes seemed to know what was on their mind.

The Guardian carefully took the lure from him, looking down at the device as they tightly gripped it in their arms before the gazed up the Crow one last time. With a firm nod, they turned around and headed out the Spider's hideout, heart thumping an irregular beat.