Chapter 15

The next day I had a fever, but I treated myself with magic so I felt better immediately. Lily never knew so I don't have to worry about her worrying about me again, I made her worry enough yesterday. 

Anyways, yesterday...

My chocolates fell down the lake and I couldn't enjoy my day that much, I had fun swimming tho but nothing's better than chocolates. So I teleported in the kitchen, it was dark but I used night vision in my eyes and now I can see. Now proceed to the plan. 

'Chocolate baby, here comes momma!'

But then, somebody suddenly grabbed my hand. 

'EEIIIIKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

'GYAH!'

G-gyah?

Do solid ghosts scream 'Gyah?' 

"Princess?"

"L-Lily! It was you! scared the hell outta me sheesh!" I said, my heart still beating fast. 

I, Athanasia, who has gone through many deaths am scared of jump scares? haha funny, I'm not scared, I'm Athanasia after all!

"Princess, I was looking for you"

"Hm?"

"Your presence is highly requested"

Huh?

Lily carried me in her arms and we went to the front gates of the ruby palace, met some unexpected people and Felix Robane is here as well?

"It's an honor to serve princess Athanasia" Multiple maids were in line, bowing to me as Lily placed me down. 

"Felix Robane at your service" Felix Robane, the Emperor's royal guard was now in front of me kneeling and was...

"I will be your temporary royal guard from today on, my princess"

Was saying this nonsense?! 

But then, Lily complained about it for me, "We are grateful for his majesty's concern but having sir Felix as a guard..." She was trembling. Felix Robane you b*tch how dare you make Lily feel this way?!

"His Majesty intends to cherish the princess and treat her well" he added, he was even glowing because he was smiling so much.  

"D-does he now?" Lily mumbled. 

Cherish? will treat me well? what nonsense! what's the use of doing this to me now, when in the end he will just throw me away after meeting Jeannette. I won't be fooled by your nonsense you jerk!

"His majesty is preparing an official guard for the princess so I won't be here for long"

'I hoped you won't be here at all though' I don't even need a royal guard, I can handle well myself. 

"It's an honor to serve you, my princess"

yeah yeah yeah, hope you get out from here as soon as possible.

***

"I wanna see Hannah and Ces" I pouted. Through my many lifetimes, it's the first time that Hannah and Ces were away from the Ruby Palace. I know they had to work in another place, and I don't want to keep them on a leash, I want them to be free too, let them do whatever they want. and have families of their own. 

I know I'm selfish and want them to stay by my side forever. I want to cherish them in this lifetime too, though there were times where I couldn't protect them. 

Are they doing well now? I hope they do...

"If you wish to see them again, surely you will" Lily reassured me, I'm glad Lily is here at least, hell will break down if Lily were to be separated from me too. Claude already took away many things from me, I won't let him have it this way!

"Don't worry princess! You'll probably meet them soon!" Tania, who I haven't really spent much time with anymore said. I'm glad Tania is here too. Well, Tania is my playmate so, Claude probably considered that and let her stayed too. 

"When?" I mumbled. 

"Um after 10 days?" Lily was unsure, but she knew she had to comfort me.

The emperor didn't send in additional maids but replaced them with new ones. and they were working in a different place too. well, I don't really care about the others since they were only a few maids and workers, they were newly appointed as well since I just fired some of them the other day. 

"Now, now, princess. Don't be upset"

"I'll try..." 

"Why don't you have a chat with His Majesty?" Felix Robane spoke up. A chat? sheesh I better spend my time eating chocolates rather than chatting nonsense with that guy. 

By the way, why is he my temporary appointed royal guard? I know Claude doesn't really need a guard since he's overpowered as hell but why him?

Then he added another nonsense, "His Majesty happens to mention that he wants to spend time with the princess during dinner"

To be continued...