Chapter 9

This is an unexpected turn of events, what happened in the outside world while I was living in solitude in the ruby palace? I never bothered using clairvoyance outside the vicinity of the ruby palace just to see what's happening there because it was annoying

This has never happened before. I was just supposed to live silently until my 10 lifetimes were over. Did the 'Listless Princess route' opened up a new hidden scenario I wasn't aware of even in my past life? 

Or perhaps he's calling me because there's something I needed to do, not because he needs me. 

Lily hurriedly carried me in her arms and we made out way towards the entrance gate. 

***

I came to the ruby palace with the orders of his majesty, and I can't seem to find the reason why. His majesty told me to pick up the first princess of Obelia that's currently living in the ruby palace for the past 5 years. I don't know why he'd come to think of the daughter he abandoned for 5 whole years and ordered me to pick her up there.

Is he finally thinking of raising her?

The last time I saw the princess was when she was a very small bean, covered in bloody towels, it was the day when his Majesty came to massacre the residents of the ruby palace right after she was born. I remembered her name was...

'Athanasia' 

And there she is, carried in the arms of the head maid, Lilian York. She had an innocent eyes but that eyes reminded me so much of his majesty nowadays. somehow It looks empty. 

"Blessings and Glory upon the only star of Obelia, I greet his highness, Princess Athanasia de alger Obelia" 

****

Felix Robane, one of the people in this Empire that I hated the most. He was like a royal dog that tugged behind the Emperor's tail. He follows him like a dog and also did the deed of... 

Killing Lily and Tania, in some of my previous lives. Blood dripping from his sword that used to kill thousands, he used it to pierced their hearts with emotionless eyes. I thought he was a good person, but he's nothing more than the Emperor's buddy killing machine. I still remember it up to this day.

"May I carry the princess?" Felix Robane's question snapped me back into reality. But I persistently insisted that I don't want to but he added, "Princess's nanny will get tired when we reach the Emperor's palace soon. So may I?" 

How dare this bloody jerk use Lily as a hostage?!

But I had no choice, I don't want Lily's arms snapped because of how heavy I am. So I endured being carried in Felix Robane's arms until we reach the main imperial palace. I felt uncomfortable but this. Anyways enough of that, minutes of walking later we reached the vicinity of the Emperor's palace.

As soon as I saw the familiar view loathsome memories took over my mind, clouding it with bad and miserable events. But I didn't let it show on my face. 

"Princess, I shall accompany you to the Emperor"

To be continued...