"Are you hurt?" I asked, placing both my hands on her cheeks.

"I'm okay." She answered, voice shaking.

"We have to get out of here." I said, arms over her shoulder. Stopping in our tracks, hearing light steps, quietly placing Mina behind the cabinet, hiding both of us, slowly peeking, three men with guns on their hands entered, eyes looking around, cautious at their surroundings.

Scanning what they're wearing, I notice a logo of a red skull with ominous octopus tentacles springing from it on their left shoulder, a logo I despise the most.

HYDRA.

Looking back at Mina, placing my index finger over my mouth, signaling her to be quiet as she nodded her head.

"Stay here." I mumbled. 

Looking back, three men began to search the house, letting out a breath, scouting out the area, two of them went to the opposite way, approaching the man stealthily as his back on me, quickly grabbing hold of his chin from behind with one hand and holding the back of the head with the other and yanking it in a twisting motion; instantly immobilizing him.

Dragging him quietly to the corner as I immediately search his pockets, placing the knives on my boots and gun on the back of my pants, looking around spotting one of the men, quietly stalking behind him, standing up, locking him into headlock, tightening my hold as he squirmed around, seconds later his body becomes limp, unconscious, as I quietly lays him on the floor.

Quickly hiding behind the corner as the last man showered me with rain of bullets, a gasp came out of me, noticing a bullet grazed on my leg, grabbing the knife out, letting out a breath, slowly peeking at the man as he was out of bullets, swiftly throwing out the knife, landing it straight to the center of his forehead.

Bullseye.

Ignoring the pain, walking back towards Mina, "We have to leave now before they send some back up." I said, pulling her up.

"Son of a bitch." I said as I saw our only way of transportation now useless - tires were busted, "We should find a shelter first. Away from here." I said.

"I know a nearby cave, let's go." Mina said, arms over my shoulder.

Letting out a groan as Mina gently sat me, back leaning at the rock, a sigh escaped me, hearing a cloth ripping caught my attention.

Mina gently removed my jacket, dried blood on my arms, top now coated with my blood, wrapping the cloth on my arms, grunting at the pain.

A hiss came out of me as Mina wrapped my leg, "I'm sorry." She said, tears dripping to my pants.

Adjusting my position, leaning to her, gently gripping her chin, "Look at me." I said as she obliged, "I would do anything just to keep you safe. I promised our mother to keep you safe and I intend to do it." I added, looking directly at her.

Engulfing me with a hug, wetting my shoulder in the process, her sobs echoed inside the cave, hugging her back and patting her head.

Her head lay on my uninjured leg, looking down, wiping her tear-stained cheeks, gently brushing her hair, removing some out on her face, scanning her body again for any injuries, noticing a cut on her lips, cheeks, and neck.

Exhaling a breath, calming myself as anger slowly rises within me.

How dare they hurt Mina!

Frozen at my spot hearing a faint step, I quickly but quietly woke up Mina, "What's wr-" putting my hand over her mouth, placing my finger over my lips, realizing what I meant she nodded, fear danced in her eyes, gently tapping her cheek, offering her a smile.

Hiding behind the big rock, listening to the sound of the footsteps, looking across to where Mina hides, our eyes meet, different emotions swirled in her brown doe eyes - fear and worry, more prominently.

Holding the gun firmly on my chest as the footsteps near, "Negative, Sir. Target is not here." A deep voice said, furrowing my eyebrows as I continued to listen, hearing his retreating steps, I peeked my head, his back facing me, approaching him silently, covering his mouth with hand, grabbing his earpiece, smashing it to the ground.

"Make a noise, I'll blow your head off." I said sternly. 

Tying his hands behind him and feet, sitting on the ground, approaching him, kneeling in front of him.

"What do HYDRA want from her?" I asked, a smirk placed on his lips.

"Answer or I'll wipe that smirk out of your face." I said, venom laced on my voice. 

"Hail HYDRA." He replied as foam emerged from his mouth. 

Looking at his dead body, eyes shutting hard, my hands quickly grabbed the gun, pointing it towards the noise, fingers on the trigger ready to fire.

"It's me, Zuki." Uncle Nick said, hands both raising up, letting out a sigh of relief, putting the gun down.

"You're three hours, six minutes, and thirty seconds late, uncle." I said as Mina emerged from where she hides.