Sleep Deprived Peter = Talented Peter

Peter hadn't slept in 48 hours. 15-minute naps here and there but too little. And everyone knew that a sleep-deprived Peter Parker had no filter. 

As soon as Peter entered the school with his slumped posture and half-lidded eyes, eyes widened; student and teacher alike. They knew that the day was either going to be extremely entertaining or extremely disastrous. 

Ned did a double-take when he saw Peter. "Oh no."

MJ smirked and patted him on his shoulder, "Good luck loser."

And Peter, he just wanted to get the day over with.

___________________

Classes

The day was dragging on and on and on and on and- you get the idea. The day seemed endless for sleepy Peter, even after he had downed an entire energy drink infused coffee. Peter wondered if he would survive if he downed 20 of those.

Unknowingly, he started drifting off. dRiFtInG iNtO dReAmLaNd...

(It seems that I have descended into another plane of madness)

"Mr. Parker!"

Peter's eyes shot open. "Yes, sir?" He asked.

"Since you were so obviously drifting off in my class, I assume you already know what I was teaching." Mr. Harold stated.

Actually...he did. Smort boi 

"So, I'm sure you can answer the question written on the board. If you can answer the question, feel free to go back to sleep." Usually, Peter would apologise and stay quiet even though he knew the answer. But this was not Peter. 

THIS WAS SLEEPY PETER!

The class waited expectantly for sleepy Peter to answer, even Flash. The teacher also wanted to know. Thus was the power of sleepy Peter.

Peter glanced at the board, registering that the question was a lot harder than what was being taught but he didn't care. 

Peter knew the answer. Smortest boi

"The answer is x square by y to the power of 4." Peter then proceeded to face-plant on his desk.

"How-wha-this topic isn't even started until next year." The teacher was perplexed, bamboozled, absolutely ShOoKeTh. 

_______________

Physical Education

Unfortunately, sleepy Peter had to attend PE. Even more unfortunate was the fact that they had a fitness test. Even more unfortunate was that boys had to be shirtless unless they had a valid excuse- which of course sleepy Peter didn't bother to make up.

"Everybody!" The coach blows his stupid loud whistle, "Line up. Boys, take off your shirts."

Peter takes off his shirt, not giving a shit about anything anymore. People gawk at his abs, boys and girls alike. 

"What the fu-?"

. . .

Of course, Peter crushed the fitness test. The teacher was shaking in his boots. Flash and his gang were paler than what was deemed healthy.

"You- you just beat the school record."

"Mm-kay."

_______________

Music

Peter hardly reacted when the Principal's voice came through the overhead speakers. At this point, he was slightly more coherent but still in his sleep-deprived state. 

"Please take note of the following announcement. There will be a compulsory singing audition for every (freshman?) in this school as there have been no volunteers for the inter-school competition. Classes, please report to the auditorium. I repeat, please report to the auditorium immediately."

Chatter broke out amongst the students as the teacher ushered them out of the classroom. Peter couldn't find it in himself to care. 

.   .   .

After  20 excruciating minutes of having to listen to abysmal singing, it was Peters turn. 

Principal Morita's eyes widened as Peter walked onto the stage yawning. Sleepy Peter was a legend. The last time this had happened, Peter had single-handedly won the school 1st place and been the reason that Pancake-pies were banned in the school. Don't ask.

The principal cleared his suddenly dry throat. "Mr. Parker, would you like to use the piano or guitar or would you prefer to sing without any instruments."

Peter wordlessly walked toward the piano.

"Okay then."

.   .   .

Pin-drop silence fell across the auditorium the moment Peter started.

🎶Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you 🎶

His voice was angelic. Oh my god, it was beautiful.

🎶Tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions
Oh, let's go back to the start🎶

🎶Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a science apart🎶

Some people started humming along to the tune.

🎶Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh, take me back to the start🎶

🎶I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling the puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress.
Do not speak as loud as my heart.
But tell me you love me, come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start🎶

People start drumming their fingers on their thighs.

🎶Do not speak as loud as my heart
But tell me you love me, come back and haunt me

Oh and I rush to the start🎶

🎶Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are🎶

Some had their eyes closed, listening to their classmate's voice.

🎶Nobody said it was easy
Oh, it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start🎶
('The Scientist' by Coldplay)

Peter got a standing ovation. The sound of clapping was deafening. 

. . .

The next month, Peter went on to win Midtown High a trophy. He also might have become an internet sensation for a few weeks.

____________

Dance & Gymnastics

After school, people crowded around Peter, hoping to be entertained. Peter's friends stood to the side, smirking but ready to interfere. Such friends. My lonely self could never even have friends :(

"Hey! Peter! Do a flip."

Peter did a flip. 

"Peter, do a cartwheel."

Peter did a cartwheel.

"Do a triple handspring."

Peter did a triple handspring.

The dance captain pushed her way to the front and the crowd fell silent in anticipation.

"Can you do a pirouette, Peter?"

He executed a perfect pirouette.

The crowd went wild. Along with the teachers who were in it but... shush. 

Needless to say, Peter was there a while. 

Did ya like it? Do you all want an Avengers version? 

Marvel One-Shot Book!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara