The sight of you

Kiara pov:

I woke up the next morning next to a certain blonde. A smile unfolded on my face as looked at him, studying his features. It's weird to think this could be the man I marry some day. I could definitely see it down the road. I could picture us together somewhere far away on our own island, just the two of us, eating freshly picked watermelon for lunch and self caught fish for dinner. The future was visible with him.

JJ's eyes fluttered open, immediately looking at me. "Why are you staring?" A smile appeared on his face.

"Just enjoying the view!" I said as I put my hand through his hair, ruffling it around.

He raised his eyebrow and smirked. "You know, I've actually been told that a lot"

"You're so full of it" I laughed and threw a pillow at him.

"Hey!" He threw the pillow off and started tickling me in return.

I started uncontrollably laughing. "JJ!" I could barely get out from the amount of laughter that was exiting by mouth. "I'm sorry-" I was defenseless and I couldn't stop cackling. "Please"

"That should teach you" he teased, laying back down.

"That was horrible JJ!"

He shrugged tilting his head a bit.

Footsteps approached the door. We looked over at each other when a knock sounded at the door.

"Shit-" JJ rolled over, falling off the bed and diving into the closet.

I threw his clothes under the bed and scrambled to get my shirt on. I scanned the room to make sure there was no evidence.

"Uh- just a minute" I put on my clothing and raced over to the door.

To my surprise it was Pope.

I cracked the door open to just my face. "Hiya Pope, what can I do for ya?"

Popes face was overcome with confusion. "Why are you acting so weird?" He asked while lightly shoving me over, walking past me into the room.

"Pfft weird? I don't know what you mean" I responded as I followed him over to the bed where he sat down.

"Right. Anyway, I need your help"

"Sure, what is it?"

"So as you know I got the scholarship" he started.

"Yes! congrats again by the way" I said patting his back.

He smiled and continued- "the college I'm going to is 12 hours away" his smile faded.

I sat next to him on the bed. "Oh..well we'll visit so much, and you'll visit us! We're all going to move on with our lives eventually Pope, this is going to be for the best!"

"I know. Thanks Kiara" He gave me a hug.

*Thump*

"What was that?" He asked looking around.

"What do you mean? I didn't hear anything" I stood up and scratched the back off my neck.

"It sounded like it came from the closet-" he started walking over to it.

"Oh it's just the shoes I put up there earlier, they must have fell" I grabbed him and started pushing him towards the door.

"What's up with you today?" He asked as I continued to push him.

"Nothing I um just-"

"Hey what's JJ's shirt doing in here?" He chuckled picking it up.

"Must of got mixed in with my laundry somehow or something... I need to get dressed so" I motioned towards the door.

"Um your shirt is inside out" he said before walking out. I closed the door behind him and let out a sigh of relief.

"The coast is clear, you can come out now"

JJ opened the closet door and stumbled out, doing a half roll. "That was close" he picked up his clothes and put them on.

"Yeah it was" I replied laughing.

---

A/N - yoooo i decided to finish the book! Here's a short chapter just cause it's the first one in awhile 🙃