Chapter 4

Vacations are over, i've received my acceptance letter to Korea National University of Arts during the vacation. It was the first day of school. After i was ready, i could hear Se Hee's voice downstairs talking to my parents. I sighed, left my room and went downstairs. Se Hee and my parents greeted me good morning with huge smiles. I ate my breakfast and went off with Se Hee.

"How do you think the lecturer will be? Cute guys? Crazy girls again?" Se Hee said excitedly.

"I don't really bother. I just need to get this done and over with. I need a job." I said plainly.

"Aish, you're too serious Haru. Have some fun before we're given our attachments." Se Hee put her arm around me.

Both of us walked slowly and entered the school. It was confusing at first, but we managed to find our classroom. School of Music, where everything started.

University life was a million times better than high school even though there were many assignments, presentations and such. Having your best friend by your side makes everything so much better. Se Hee still didn't give up on trying to pull me into the kpop fandom world. Back in high school, she had her bunch of fangirls but now, all she have is me. Therefore, i had to entertain all her fangirl moments and i have to admit that i'm falling into it. I mean, have you seen these guys? They're perfect!

Despite all the good looking guys in campus, we were always in our own world talking about the idols. Other than that, we always spend our time practicing in the music room or studying till the sun sets in the library.

The terms passed so quickly and all i know was that i'm busy with assignments, projects and presentations. It was hectic. Term breaks were the only time where i could literally take a break for a day or two and then spend the rest of the time on my researches and reading a whole stack of journal articles for my dissertation. Being the top student, i have always done well in school and didn't had to worry. My grades in university are good too.

Seasons changed and it was already towards the end of the year.

I decided to go for a job hunt. From retail stores to cafés and lastly, my lecturer recommended me to try out the different entertainment companies that Korea offers. I called my lecturer whom already arranged an appointment with one of SM Entertainment's group's manager. He told me to proceed to the building at Cheongdamdong.

I already arrived and i waited at the entrance. There were so many fans outside the building who were waiting for the idols to come out from the building. I was shocked and texted Se Hee:

"Yah se hee, the amount of fans here waiting for nothing is crazy!"

"Good luck to you and i hope no sasaeng fans will follow you home." Se Hee replied.

A man came out from the building and asked, "Are you Kim Haru from Korea National University of Arts?"

"Yes i am, sir." I looked at him and answered. He told me to quickly come in before the fans go crazy. I rushed in while the door behind me closed, still allowing me to hear the fans scream their lungs out. The man lead me to the second floor, into a conference room. I took a sit and he introduced himself, "Annyeonghaseyo, i'm Lee Jung Min. Manager for the rookie boy group." He bowed and smiled. I stood up and introduced myself as Kim Haru.

We talked about the job scope as a manager of the groups here in SM Entertainment and he also explained very clearly of what to expect as a manager. He gave me a tour around the building and i managed to see a few groups practicing in the practice rooms. I walked past an empty room with the door left ajar, i stopped and asked Manager Lee Jung Min whether i could enter. He nodded and entered with me. As a music person, i will always get the feeling to play the piano whenever i see it. I sat down at the piano and played Miracle In December and sang it as well.

"Why didn't you audition instead of finding a job here at SM? You're good!" Said Manager Lee Jung Min with excitement in his eyes.

"I'd rather find a job than to go for an audition which i know i'll fail." i replied shyly.

We both left the room and went back to the conference room. He said that i can work here as a part time and they'll consider taking me in after a few months. I agreed and thanked him then left the place. When i exited the building, flashes from cameras were flashing and i ran off. "Aish these fans can't even tell between a regular and an idol." i rolled my eyes and continued walking.