Chapter 26: When I Look At You, I See Darkness

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad your my friend, Caitlin." Andi softly

"Oh, is it official?" Caitlin jumps at Andi along with eager in her smile.

Andi puts her hands in her leather jacket pockets. She raises a shoulder at the question. "I'm falling for him and he's falling for me. I told you and Cisco and he did tell Joe." Andi explains. "We're getting there. It's one step closer."

"So what's holding you back?" Caitlin asks. "Besides the way you sounded as you were saying it was one step closer."

"The I love you's." Andi shyly admits. "We haven't exchanged that yet like you told me-"

"Don't worry about that." Caitlin brushes off her own advice. "You both will at the right time. But it's more about if you and Barry are ready for a relationship of commitment."

Andi nods to show she understands. Andi presses her fingers in her grey sleeves of her cotton shirt, suddenly feeling cold. "Is it me, or is it suddenly getting cold like it is outside?"

"It's a little chilly in here." Caitlin agrees. "Maybe it's the AC?"

Andi looks where Caitlin is pointing on the wall. After Andi finds the thermostat to control the AC, she sees it at the right temperature, 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Then out of nowhere, Andi hears a male voice say, "The future needs to be checked."

Although she notices it wasn't a voice, it was a thought. Someone is thinking this and she can hear it. Andi uses her eyes to search around the room, noticing it's only her and Caitlin in there. Then the voice, the coldness, and the feeling she has in her chest mix together. Whatever is causing her to feel this way has to stop. Before it comes to life and turns into something she could have prevented.

She knows she has to act know. With Caitlin around she could get hurt. She will not let that happen again. Andi decides stands up from her seat. "I'll be right back." She tells Caitlin.

"Okay." Caitlin replies, still focusing on her computer game; Candy Crush.

The voice leads Andi through a hallway as if it had a path of crumbs for her to follow. She uses her hearing to sense the direction. When the voice becomes louder, she straightens her back and keep her hands balled into fists at her sides.

Soon she finds a door that lets her clearly hear the voices. She found where the voices are coming from. An amount of energy flows from that room. It hits Andi like air blowing past her body, stabbing her like knife.

Andi decides to use one of her powers to see into the room. She lays her hand on the door and let's her see inside. She can't trust her eyes of what she sees. Andi can only believe that they are deceiving her. But her brain is making her think about how it's possible for what she is seeing to be true.

Dr. Wells is standing.

Andi watches him walk to a pedestal in the middle of the room. He commands something involving the future to the wall in front of him. Next, a hologram of an article with The Flash on it pop up. It reads, The Central City Police Chief Honors The Flash & The Custodian With Medal.

She sees a picture of Barry's boss from the CCPD. The chief holds a for The Flash. Andi smiles for the fact that Barry will have a great future as The Flash. Even she will be rewarded as The Custodian. She never knew what she would call herself. After devoting herself to protect Barry, she must of knew the came would come up sometime. Although, there's a part of Andi that still thinks it's a bad idea to be a superhero.

"No!" Dr. Wells yells in an outburst. "It's all wrong!"

"Is there anything I can do, Dr. Wells?" A technical female voice asks.