HUWAG KANG MAGPALUGI

Remember my blog about not quitting when your boss gets angry? Well, in spite of all the reasons I gave why one should not quit when their boss gets angry, one person said, "I left a high-paying job because of my boss, kasi he does not deserve my service."

Nang nabasa ko ito, nalungkot talaga ako. Ang feeling ko, the person allowed his boss to rob him of a good high-paying job, a job that may provide him with a secure future. He gave his boss the power to make his life miserable, without his boss knowing it.

I have counseled a lot of friends who wanted to resign three3 to five5 years before their retirement because their new boss was a pain in the..., well, you know what I mean.  They were ready to forfeit their retirement just to have peace.  I told them that peace is not the absence of trouble, but the state of being joyful and thankful in the midst of a storm. I told them that if they leave, the company will benefit because it can save the money they are supposed to pay those who retire.

When you leave because you feel your boss does not deserve your service, akala mo ba naisahan mo siya? The opposite is true. When you quit, you gave your boss the chance to find someone better, someone who may appreciate the job better than you do. So sino ang talo? What you thought will hurt your boss' company may actually make him happy. Eh, paano ka naman? Sana you will find a better-paying job and a boss that you deserve.

Do not give anyone the power to rob you of an opportunity to have a good future. Humble yourself and be obedient to the people you serve because this will prepare you to be a good leader. You see, you cannot ask others to do something that you are not willing to do. You cannot ask the people who may someday serve you to be respectful, if you cannot respect your authorities today.

Are you ready to quit because your boss got angry? Don't! Wait. Think about it carefully. Maybe your circumstances are just teaching you to be a better follower so that you can someday become an excellent leader.