i've been yours.

Who knew there would be a day where Haruko finally sees Sakuragi, not just a great basketball man, but as someone she wants to be with for a lifetime? Who knew that Haruko would see Sakuragi like how she saw Rukawa before? A handsome, charming guy, who she would like to kiss on the lips and go to ice cream dates in a park by the sunset?

She was too crazy in love with Sakuragi's teammate before, that nobody would have ever thought Haruko would suddenly bring Sakuragi at the rooftop and confess her love for him. And here they are, both of them, hand in hand, in front of the whole team before training.

Sakuragi is trying to hold his giggle from escaping, while Haruko's face is as red as the man's hair. Everyone stares at them in silence, curiously.

"We're dating." Both announces, both a little shy, but happy. Miyagi, Mitsui and Ayako's eyes widen by surprise, Akagi and Kogure's jaws drop, Yasu cheers, putting his fist up in the air, while the first years rushes to Sakuragi to hug and congratulate him. As for Haruko's and Sakuragi's friends outside the gym, they smile and grin while watching the team's little ceremony because they already knew beforehand.

But, one from them is missing.

"Hey," Miyagi, who was just rubbing Sakuragi's head, stops to look around in search for a certain midnight haired first year, "Where's Rukawa?"

Everyone halts, looking around the crowd. It's certainly strange for Rukawa to be late for practice. He's always one of the early birds, but he isn't here yet. Sakuragi huffs, shrugging his shoulders, "Who cares about that amateur?"

"Sorry I'm late." Speak of the devil, Rukawa appears, his hand holding the door frame as he fixes the back of his shoe. He looks up and finds everyone looking at him. He knits his eyebrows, sensing something is strange but says nothing, "I got held back since our teacher had something to discuss with me." He explains shortly, approaching the others.

They seem to be silent for a while. Rukawa looks down at them, and sees the captain's sister in the middle of the crowd, her face red as a tomato. He wonders to himself why is she standing there, and why isn't practice starting yet, but of course, he stays silent. Rukawa blinks.

"Ah! Rukawa, just in time!" Kogure breaks the silent, now standing beside him. He offers a grin, putting a hand on his shoulder, "You see, Sakuragi finally won Haruko's heart!" He happily delivers the good news. Rukawa's shoulder twitched under the palm of Kogure's hand. What did he mean by that?

Then, he heard Sakuragi's groan of protest, "Megane-kun, that bastard doesn't have to know!" He says, but changes his mind in a swift, "Wait! He does. He does have to know that Haruko-san is finally mine!" He proudly crosses his arms in front of his chest, letting his signature obnoxious laugh out.

"Beat that, Rukawa! I'll never hand Haruko-san to you! Ever!" Sakuragi stomps closer to him, pointing a rude finger at his face, as he wore a proud grin, as if he won a competition.

Rukawa is still processing all of the information that's been thrown at him from left to right. Why isn't training starting yet? What did Kogure meant by Sakuragi finally winning Haruko's heart, and why is this loser acting like he won a trophy? Rukawa's head is in shambles, and it's written all over his face.

Ayako sighs, "Haruko and Sakuragi Hanamichi are dating now, Rukawa." She speaks up to make it easier for the first year.

But, Rukawa feels his heart sink instead of feeling relief that he finally understands the situation. Rukawa's face drops, as his gaze goes from their manager to the guy in front of him, Sakuragi Hanamichi.

How is that possible?

Haruko was so obsessed with him before, so why? Why is she suddenly in a relationship with this idiot? Nobody was supposed to like such an annoying guy like Sakuragi. A guy who embarrasses his team. A guy who overestimates himself and even calls himself a genius. A guy who gets in everyone's nerves. A guy who's this stubborn. A punk. A dumbass. Someone who has a flashy bald head.