unexpected encounters

Calian Dexter de Lachlan

You see, it wouldn't do too much fun if I was going to stand by and let her use me.

I've thought about it over and over and I've finally reached my conclusion. If she's using me for her own goals, why can't I use her for my own goals?

I hurried down the stairs so I wouldn't miss her, but by the time I got on the first floor, the traces of the princess were no longer there. But I didn't give up, I pushed through the hoard of people blindly to find the princess.

"Prince Calian, come join us!" a student bellowed through the loud music.

"I'll come later," I shouted back and walked past him.

"Oh, it's the prince!" I heard many say and tried to approach me which I quickly fended off.

After about ten minutes of searching, I finally catch a glimpse of Princess Olivia again.

She was sitting alone at the bar stool and what I mean by alone is that her lady-in-waiting nor her friend are nowhere to be seen.

The one keeping her company was Howard Philberts, son of a world renowned pharmaceutical company. He was known for being a certified playboy and trouble maker. I heard his parents have already spent a fortune in keeping their son's reputation out of the public's eye.

I walked closer, but kept myself at a distance just to hear what they were talking about.

"C'mon princess, I'm sure a drink is not gonna hurrrt. Or is it because you're not allowed to drink tequila? No one will know anyways." Howard kept saying, his words slurred which indicated that he was clearly drunk.

He was pushing the drink in front of Olivia and if only he could force her to drink it, he probably would have.

"I appreciate the offer, but once again, I refuse. Now I appreciate it if you keep your dis--"

"Just drink it, it's not like I put anything weird in it. Why won't you drink it, huh. Why won't you drink it!" he said raising his voice more and more.

People were already looking their way and looking at the princess, but she simply maintained her composure. If she was still able to keep her calm when a guy is literally forcing her to drink, I wasn't able to do that.

I could feel my anger rising as I walked towards them. When I got there, Howard was already raising the glass of tequila and giving it to her. I took the glass and smashed it on the floor.

"Hey, who do you--!" Howard screamed at the top of his lungs, but when he realized who he was talking to, he stopped and took a few steps backwards. "I--I..." he stammered.

"Do you know that harming any member of the royal family can get you jailed for a minimum of three years plus the addition fines that will be applied to that. There are many witnesses here, do you think you should really keep at that?" I tell him coldly and standing between him and Olivia.

His eyes widened and this time, he looked like a deer in headlights. He probably didn't know that that was the case.

He looked like he was just realizing how bad his future consequences can be and if he was drunk earlier, he looked like he was starting to sober up. People have also started to form around us and whispering, a sign to get away from here to prevent bad publicity.

I turned around to face Olivia and she was just in the middle of exhaling deeply, I took her wrist and led her to follow me, but I stopped as we passed by Howard.

"If you understand that, scram." I whispered to which he immediately walked away hurriedly.

I pushed through the crowd while holding tightly onto the princess' hand and led her towards the emergency exit.