5.

Shanell

Pulling up to my first client's house, I sighed deeply as I laid my head against the steering wheel. I'd contemplated the entire ride over here about going out tonight with Halima and Bianca but I was conflicted.

There was way too much going on right now especially with this new information I'd had about a bank robbery plus the way I was feeling from Halima's words and all I wanted to do after work was get my baby, go home then get some rest.

I was exhausted.

Not only physically but mentally as well.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, my alarm went off, meaning it was time to tend to my client and I grabbed all of my things before getting out of my car.

After I did, I closed the door with my foot as I swung my bag over my shoulder. I then wasted no time making my way toward their house before knocking a few times to alert them then using the company's key to let myself in.

"What the-"

"Daddy?" I called out, walking into my father's house as I walked into a cloud of smoke, seeing a bunch of guys sitting around in the living room.

"What the hell?" I furrowed my eyebrows as my dad and Cain both sat on the couch, smoking blunts as the other guys in the room eyed me down.

"What's up, BG?" Everyone seemed to speak at once, once they noticed it was me. Calling me by the name everyone knew me by, the nickname Cain had given to me.

"Hi." I waved in confusion as I noticed Cain's brother, Lante, sitting in the corner.

"Daddy, what is going on in here?" I asked as my father sat up with his eyes damn near closed shut.

"Hi, babydoll. How are you?" He asked me as I looked over to Cain who had a small smirk on his face. He knew he was getting under my skin but I said nothing.

As usual.

"I'm fine but you know you're not supposed to be smoking any other weed than your prescription, right?" I reminded him, making a face at Cain who knew this as well but I'm sure my dad had asked so he didn't hesitate to provide.

"Man, relax. Let my OG do him. Whatchu' pressin' for, ma?" Cain spoke up to me and I rolled my eyes, dismissing him as my dad smiled small.

"Yeah, babydoll. Let daddy live just a little."

"You know that medicinal shit doesn't do anything for me." He went on as they dabbed each other up, chuckling together like the best of friends.

I mean, don't get me wrong. They were always close but I can't say it didn't annoy me. Especially while I was working. And especially while we were broken up.

Cain knew exactly what he was doing.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved my father off off, rolling up my sleeves as I bent over into my bag to grab some things to make sure he was okay before doing my daily routine of checking his heart rate and then his blood pressure.

It didn't take me long to do but once I was finished, I put all of my things away before putting my work bag down.

"Is there anything else you need, daddy? I'm going to relax in the back room for a while. I'm really tired." I told him, considering my daddy was sick but he wasn't sickly so he didn't need me to hover.

He never liked me to.

So I usually just relaxed when I came here, making quick money from my job, using him as one of my clients. I got to see him, make sure he was okay and I made my money.