They more just seemed like another thing to deal with now. Kneeling in front of Ric's grave, Ada pushed away all of the gross leaves that covered up whatever was left of him. An empty bottle of bourbon sat leaned up against the grave, and to any passerby, it probably looked like litter. But Ada knew enough to know not to touch it, Damon might have her head.

Ada sat down on the small bench sort of in front of Ric's grave. Aria never got a goddamn bench. It probably wasn't good to compare people's burial sites, disrespect or whatever. Ada kind of stopped giving a shit.

"Uh" Speaking still kind of felt weird on her throat, especially since she'd never talked to Alaric before "uh how's being dead?"

"It sounds fucking fantastic, honestly" She laughed even though it was hollow, nothing felt funny

Sighing, Ada let her head fall into her heads and without warning, tears cascaded down her cheeks, and ragged sobs escaped her throat "you'd be so disappointed in me" Ada lifted her head and looked at those letters carved into stone

That was all he was now "you told me not to disappear but you don't understand, I've done something horrible and I need" Ada ran her hands through her hair, in motion that made it seem like she more meant to rip it all out "I have to disappear, I have to, I have to"

"I've done something so horrible, so disgusting that you would want me to disappear" Ada nodded "I have no doubt in my mind that you would revoke everything nice thing you ever said about me, you would want me dead as much as I want to die"

"You would've wished I disappeared sooner" the rain started to fall again, tip tap, it splat on the dead leaves, on Ada's shoulders, then her head, her hands, she sat there in the rain until it felt like her bones were soaked

"I miss you" she whispered, although the rain drowned her out "I miss you, I miss you, I miss you"

"I still want you to show up and give me a hug, wake me up from this nightmare" she got up from the bench, placing her hands on the smooth stone "but I'm the one who created this nightmare Ric, so it seems fitting that there's no one here to hug me or wake me up, I created this nightmare, so I deserve to suffer for it" she whispered it, gripping the tombstone for second, hoping that he was okay on the other side, that he wasn't as alone as she was

After a few minutes, she pushed herself up. The rain came down in sheets, making it quite hard to see even a foot in front of you. Ada glanced in the direction that she thought Arias grave sat, but she couldn't do it. She was no longer the girl Aria had loved, but a monster, a monster that killed her own mother. Aria would hate her, with every bone in her body she would hate the person Ada had become, and because of that, Ada wasn't strong enough to even face her gravestone.

Walking out of the graveyard, Ada could've gone home, but she didn't.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ada must've her lost mind. Her brain must have been taken out with the trash just like the people she killed because she had absolutely no idea what she was doing. The world passed her by in a blur as she walked, the rain dripping down her back, like the icy cold hand of a stranger. It didn't even come close to waking her out of her haze.

It didn't really come as a surprise when the next thing Ada knew she was staring over a cliff, onto a small town of horrors. Ada glanced around, she needed to do something, and right here, on this cliff that symbolized so much to her, seemed like the right place to do it. Walking towards the woods, Ada walked through until she found a large rock. It took all her strength, but Ada lugged the rock back to the cliff, dropping it in the centre of the clearing.