Family

The next day, the Weasley twins, their wives, and children, were all at George's house. Fred II and George II had hit it off quickly and were quickly becoming fast friends. Roxie was trying to join them, but the boys were having none of it.

"Alright," Fred clapped his hands. "I've been thinking and I think I do want to go to the family dinner tonight."

"That's great!" George clapped his twin on the back. "Because I already told Mum to expect three extra people!"

"George Weasley!" Angelina shook her head.

"How'd you know?" Fred asked in mock seriousness. The two looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Hilarious," George pretended to wipe his eye. Their wives looked at each other, with amused expressions. It seemed that Fred and George had a bunch of inside jokes still.

"But," Fred said, serious once more, "I don't know how to reveal myself without Mom having a heart attack and at least one person murdering me."

Everyone was silent for awhile while they tried to come up with a solution.

"I got it!" George said. "Angelina will bring the kids and Sofia there first, and then you will go, Fred. Just pretend you are me. You can introduce Sofia and George Jr. as some friends that you just met." Fred caught the gist of it.

"I can pretend to be you for while. It will give me a chance to apologize to everyone, without them hugging me to death."

"You can drop some hints that you're not me-"

"And maybe some of the smart people will pick it up-"

"Fred Jr, George Jr, Roxie, Angelina, Sofia, you can't give anything away."

"Then you can come and walk around and we can see how long it takes for people to notice there are two of us!"

The two turned to look at their little audience. Fred II, George II, Roxie, and Sofia were all staring open-mouthed. The twins had literally just completed each other's sentences. Angelina was watching with a tight-lipped smile. It was like when they were younger and Fred was never gone.

"That sounds good," Sofia said, "I think?"

"Great! Let's go," Fred said, but George put his hand out.

"You're wearing muggle clothing. I don't wear muggle clothes," George looked at his brother pointedly. He then went up to his room, grabbed a robe, and thrust it into Fred's arms. The latter quickly put it on and Angelina handed him a hat.

"Okay, I think we're ready now." George said. 

"I'll take Sofia through the floo," Angelina said. "Fred Jr. can go by himself. Fred," Angie's voice cracked a little. "Do you think you can take George Jr and Roxie?"

"I think so, but when I flooed yesterday, it wasn't a soft landing." 

George laughed, "You're just a little rusty."

Fred Jr. stepped into the fireplace. With a flash, he was gone. Next Angelina took Sofia through, telling her about Percy's wife, Audrey, who was also a muggle. Fred stepped in next with his son and niece.

"Good luck," George said. "I'll be watching."

Fred nodded gravely. He was going to go back to his home and see his family. The family he abandoned. He just hoped that they would accept him. He threw the powder and yelled, "THE BURROW." Next thing Fred knew, he was spilling out onto the living room floor.

"Grandma!" Roxanne jumped up and ran to hug her grandma. 

Fred couldn't help but stare. His Mum looked the same, except for a few more gray hairs. He watched as she hugged her grandkids, and then turned to Angelina and Sofia.