Everything happened in quick succession after that. That last push did it and the little boy was now in Rose's arms.

She immediately began rubbing his back until she hears the loud crying begin. Ros eplaced the baby on Lily's chest and retrieved the warm towels.

Rose began wiping the baby off, getting all of fluids off of him. Lily's tears were now joyful as all of the pain was forgotten when she looked at her son.

"James, get in here!" Rose called loudly. The door burst open almost immediately, James was ready.

When he saw his son, he was crying too. He was shocked, that his son was alive and in the world. He went immediately to Lily's side.

"Meet your son," Lily said through tears, looking at James with nothing but love. Rose was still finishing up, as Lily still wasn't completely finished.

"Come here and cut the cord, dad," Rose said cheekily. He came with his wand and cut the umbilical cord that still connected Lily and her son.

Bathilda also came back into the bedroom with new towels. She smiled at the couple and pat Rose on the shoulder. "You're a good sister. I best be off and leave them to it," she said, taking the old towels out of the room with her.

"Thank you for the help," Rose said as the old woman nodded, walking out.

Rose got Lily cleaned up and sorted. She weighed their son and did the regular tests on him, making sure he could hear and he could see.

Lily was ecstatic when she saw his eyes. They were green, the same shade as hers. The rest of the boy was James to a tee, even the full head of hair he already had.

"Have you guys thought of a name?" Rose questioned, looking at the small baby lovingly.

"No, not yet. Though Sirius suggested Roxen to me the other day," Lily said, laughing. James looked at her hopefully but she shut him down. "I am not naming my baby Roxen, James Potter."

Rose chuckled at the couple as she vanished the dirty towels. She let Lily and James have time with their son, James doing skin to skin with the boy for a couple of hours after ha had been born.

Lily called Rose up as she was washing the dirty dishes for the new mom. "Do you want to hold him?" James offered quietly. He had already adapted to being a dad so fast.

Rose nodded quickly and James carefully handed the baby over. She carefully cradled the boy in her arms, subtly rocking back and forth with him.

The baby looked up at her. She knew he couldn't see her, newborns couldn't focus their eyes well. But it felt like he could, like he was looking right into her own green eyes.

"You are going to have the best life. Your parents will make sure of that," Rose said softly to the baby. He would be so loved.

Eventually Rose handed the baby back and Lily made a request. "Rose, do you want to invite the others? Padfoot, Marlene, Moony, and Wormy? Just let Alice know, I'm sure she's still recovering," Lily said.

At first Rose nodded and walked out but then she stopped. She never knew Lily to use the nicknames. It was cute.

Rose walked into their living room and summoned her red panda. She gave it the message that Lily had her baby and wanted everyone else to meet him.