Wide Awake - I

The first thing he noticed when he woke up was the lack of pain, considering the condition he had fallen asleep in.

The next thing he noticed was that it was still a little dark outside.

There was a little time before sunrise then.

But he didn't understand.

Didn't he die?

He died. He is sure of that.

And oddly enough,
It was the most peaceful feeling he had ever experienced.
Both his mothers were there with him and his brothers were beside him.

He had closed his eyes with the hope that he will see Kalindi again when he opened them.

He had felt warmth enclose him.

"Father"
he smiled, and returned the embrace.

He had seen his brothers finish his last rites.

He had seen Arjun cry quietly in his room while holding his bow the next day.

Had seen his dear friend meet a horrific end. He had reached out to him, wishing he could ease his pain just a bit. Duryodhan had smiled during his last breath and taken his name like it was a prayer.

"karna."

And then closed his eyes forever.

He had watched, with horror as Ashwathama had descended into complete madness and killed Draupadi's sons and brother.

His brothers sitting helplessly, watching their wife wail and scream and cry for her sons.
They didn't have any more tears left to shed.

And like his deeds, Ashwathama's fate was horrific too.

He had Seen the devastating war finally come to an end.

Seen Draupadi and Mata Kunti stand silently like criminals when queen Gandhari cursed them.

Seen the once unshakable queen break down and mourn her sons.

Seen Yudhisthir's coronation as the emperor.

Seen his brothers greet the rising sun the next day.

"Elder Brother, we finally did it. Wish us luck, brother. Watch over us."

He blessed them wholeheartedly.

It was over. There would be no more suffering. Righteousness was finally established.

But then he had ended up here.
Why?
It was over, wasn't it?
Then what was this?
A test?

There was one person who could help him out. His father.
He should go out and pray to him.
He would guide him.

He tried to get up, and instantly his head started spinning.
He gripped the table near him and tried to steady himself.
But then he looked down and....

His clothes were completely soiled with blood. It had probably dried during the night and now looked even more awful.

That silver dagger was still lying in front of him, Beside a puddle of....

He needs to clean up himself as well as the room quickly.

When he finally managed to stand up, he noticed the room properly for the first time.

Oh.
Oh no.

It was his old room.

He was in Hastinapur.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Small chapter I know
BUT
There will be a double update today so...
Enjoy!