{Chapter 7}

'Excuse me!?' Everyone thought after the blonde boy spoke.
Tanjiro just stared at the boy with a face that spoke what everyone was thinking. 'What's with this guy?'

"Hey!! Stop looking at me like I'm some pathetic animal!! You're the one who made me miss out on getting married!!" The boy screeched with tears still running down his cheeks.

But... Tanjiro's face just intensified.

"SAY SOMETHING WILL YOU!!" The boy screeched again before continuing, "Listen during my next job I'll likely die, so you gotta protect me until I get married Mister!!"

"My name is Tanjiro Kamado!" Tanjiro introduced himself with his hand on his heart.

As the two boys talked, (Y/n) took the crow off her head and looked at him questioningly.

"No Fox, not all humans are like this when they want a mate. It's just this human in particular that is just pathetic." The crow squawked at her and she slowly nodded in reply before turning back into her fox form.

And instead of sit on her head like before, the crow described to ride on her back.
"Go up to them, I need to get them back to work." The crow ordered.
'Lazy bird' (Y/n) made her way forward so the crow can yell at them. Again.

"A DEMON'S GONNA SUKE MY BRAINS OUT THROUGH MY EARS WHILE I'M STILL ALIVE!!" Zenitsu screamed, shaking like it was the middle of winter.
"Hey, are you ok--" Tanjiro was cut off by the yelling of the crow.

"Come now Tanjiro! Come now Zenitsu! You both have work to do!" The crow spoke. And Zenitsu went pale the sight of the crow riding a fox like it was a horse.

"Aaaaaaaaah! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!??" Zenitsu screamed at the top of his lungs.

*time-skip*

As you walked to left of Tanjiro, thankfully free of being used like a noble steed, the blonde boy, Zenitsu, finally calmed down.

You could hear Tanjiro and Zenitsu talking but you didn't feel like listening.

"Oi, (Y/n). You want some?" Tanjiro called to you holding out a peace of onigiri.

Happily, you stood on your hind legs and nomed at the food.

'FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! UMAI!'

Tanjiro chuckled as you licked his fingers clean of rice.

"Tanjiro? Did you train that fox? It's so friendly."

"Huh? Oh no! (Y/n) isn't a pet. She's wild, but she lived by a temple. That's why she's wearing prayer beads."

"I see... but still. How are they so used to humans, unless they were originally a pet?" Zenitsu questioned.

'No actually it's because I don't have a sense of danger. In the words of my Onii-chan'

"Caa! Caa! RUN TANJIRO! RUN ZENITSU! YOU MUST HURY!"