{Chapter 6}

(Y/n) stood up and helped Tanjiro up when she was finished praying. Using her body to help support his weekend one. Guiding him to the house.
When you two made it inside Tanjiro called out to Lady Tamayo and Yushiro. Only to get a rude yell back.

"We're down here! Hurry up and get down here. But it would be better if you don't..." by Yoshiro.

(Y/n) guided Tanjiro to the entrance of the basement.

"Yoshiro!!"
"Joking!!"

The sound of Lady Tamayo's scolding made (Y/n) chuckle.

"It's alright Tanjiro, you can come down," Tamayo reassured the boy.

Slowly, (Y/n) helped Tanjiro down the stairs. As soon as they made it down the stairs they were met with a cheerful Nezuko running up to them.

Nezuko wrapped her arms around her brother's neck in a hug. (Y/n) stepped away from Tanjiro to let the siblings embrace each other.

Her fiery fox ears folded back as she watched them.

'I wonder why my Onii-chan never lets me hug him...' The kitsune questioned as she remembered her family.

'Now that I think about it... he is the only one out of my eight siblings that comes to visit me at the shrine... so, I should be grateful just for that from him!'

(Y/n) flinched, since she was lost in thought, as she felt someone pat her head.

Tanjiro POV:

As Nezuko left me to ran up to Lady Tamayo and Yushiro, hugging and head patting them. I look to my right to see that (Y/n)'s ears were folded back.

I sniffed her sent only to smell something similar to... remorse?? loneliness??

What made her feel like this? Was she homesick? Or is she missing someone?

Either way, I lifted my hand and gently patted her head but it seemed to have startled her. So I smiled at her to calm her down when she looked at me confused.

"It's ok..." I say softly to her.

Thankfully, her ears started to perk up.

"Hey! Stop that!" The sound of Yushiro's yells kind of ruined the moment. As we both looked at him, to see that Nezuko was hugging Lady Tamayo and trying to pat Yushiro's head.

"I don't understand what's wrong with her? She's been acting like this ever since she woke up..." Lady Tamayo spoke.

"There isn't anything wrong with her. To Nezuko, your human even if you're actually demons, in her eyes. You're human." I explained as I walked up to them.

Second person POV:

Tamayo looked at Tanjiro in shock. Before tearing up and hugging Nezuko back.

Startled by this, Tanjiro began to panic, "Huh! I'm so sorry! Nezuko stop that you're being very rude!" He blurted out not really understanding the situation.

"Thank you, Nezuko... you're so sweet..." Tamayo said softly into Nezuko's shoulder. Tanjiro relaxed at this and gave the pair a soft smile.

"Tanjiro, I have an offer to give you. Would you like Nezuko to come with us?" Yushiro stared at Lady Tamayo in shock, shaking his head with sad expectation as she continued to speak.
"It would be a lot safer for her and she won't get in any immediate danger." Tamayo explained.

Tanjiro fell silent for a moment: thinking. Before Nezuko ran up to him and firmly held his head. He looked Nezuko in the eyes and smiled, before turning back to Lady Tamayo.

"No thank you. We don't want to be separated again. But thank you for the offer, Lady Tamayo."

Tamayo smiled at them, "Very well then, I wish you three the best."

(Y/n) quickly watched the scene in front of her unfold. But as Nezuko ran up the stairs, she watched as Yushiro called out to Tanjiro.

"Your sister... I guess... she is a beauty..." He commented as he turned away. Tanjiro smiled at him before following Nezuko.

Tamayo soon looked at (Y/n), who was just standing there quietly. She was surprised to see the fox girl bow before running after Tanjiro and Nezuko.

*time-skip*

Tanjiro was walking the road as his Kasugai crow yelled out orders and directions as it tried to avoid a jumping fox. Snapping at its tail.

But...

"PLEEEEEASE!!!!!" The cry stopped all activity in the group as they saw a blonde boy clinging onto a very terrified and disgusted girl. Who clearly wanted nothing to do with him.

Tanjiro stormed up to him and pulled him off the girl and started scolding him. As he did this, (Y/n) turned back into a human as the crow described to sit on her head.

As the blonde boy and Tanjiro squabbled with each other, the girl that was originally being harassed suddenly sent a sharp slap to the blonde boys face. So hard it's sent him spinning to the ground.

"SINCE WHEN DID I SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY SAYING THAT I 'LIKED' YOU!"

"But! You walked over to me-"

"I ONLY DID THAT BECAUSE YOU WERE  ALL CURLED UP AND DISHEVELED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!!"

"WHAT!? So you didn't come over to me because you were falling in love with me!?"

"WELL, CONSIDERING THAT I ALREADY HAVE A FIANCÉ!! I ONLY WANTED TO SEE IF YOU WERE OK, BUT IT SEEMS THAT YOU'RE FINE NOW!!" The girl yelled as she flicked her hair as spun around and stormed off.

"N-no, wait..." The blonde boy said quickly as he, Tanjiro, (Y/n) and the Kasugai crow watch the girl leave.

The blonde boy pointed an accusing finger at Tanjiro, "Hey! Why are ruining my chances of getting married!" The boy yelled at him.

'Excuse me??' All of them thought.