Malaal Ishq

"I love you, Ishita." She blinked at the boy in front of her who sat on his one knee, forwarding the red rose to her.

The campfire was providing them light and warmth in the cold night. Her friends were settled in the log around the campfire. Enjoying the calm environment.

She was also doing the same before few seconds.

Before the guy in front of her dropped the bomb.

"Mujhe rose se allergy hai." She replied with a awkward smile.
(I am allergic to rose.)

She always felt bad for those guys who threw grand gestures in public only to be rejected. Now sitting on the other end of rope, she knew those girls were not in fault.

He laughed a humourless laugh standing up. Running his fingers on his short hair, his hand dropped.

"I didn't know." He muttered back.

"Can we talk in somewhere private?" She pointed her eyes towards other.

"Of course." He passed her a small smile, before signalling her to follow him.

"Tum mujhe directly mana kar sakti ho" He said as soon as they were away from the hearing distance from others.
(You could have directly denied me.)

"Mujhe sach mai rose se allergy hai." She sadly smiled looking the beautiful flower in his hand.
(I am really allergic to rose.)

It always intrigued her but she learnt it hard ways not to touch it.

Those ugly, itchy red patches.

They were painful.

"Par haa agar, allergy nahi hoti toh bhi mai nahi leti." She added looking at his eyes.
(But even if I wasn't. I would not have taken it.)

"Oh." He smiled sadly before adding "I hope it won't affect our friendship though?"

"Of course, Subbu. You are one of my closest friend. And I hope it remains the same." Passing a soft smile, she turned.

Suddenly those familiar faces felt to much, the soft melody felt too loud. She walked toward the small trail she saw earlier, nodding to Mihika that she is fine and she can enjoy being in her fiance's arm.

It was a small forest but trees weren't that dense. The trail was rough but perfect for one person.

Soft glow from the moonlight was providing enough light for her to move forward.

The crunch of dry leaves under her feet, filling the silence.

She was enjoying the cool breeze, rubbing her arms trying to reduce the goosebumps.

Roaming her eyes around, she thought about the proposal earlier.

Subbu was not a bad guy. He was good. Really good. He was a caring friend and she was sure he would be a great partner.