"Wait!" A foreign voice suddenly called, "guys?"

They turned in a daze, coming face-to-face with a bushy-haired brunette. "Have any of you seen a toad? A boy named Caleb's lost one."

"Toad?" The blonde asked in confusion, "sorry, we haven't seen a toad around here; we just got on board, so we were looking for a compartment."

"I see," the newcomer answered thoughtfully. "I've already got two other boys in my compartment, but I'm sure we can squeeze you two in. I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, and you are?"

"I'm Ahsoka," she smiled. "And he's-"

Anakin slapped her arm, smirking playfully. "I think I can introduce myself on my own, thanks." He turned to Hermione. "I'm Anakin Skywalker, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you guys as well. Now, if you'll follow me, I'll show you the way to our compartment."

***

"Hey Hermione," a ginger boy greeted her from inside the compartment. "What- wait, who are they?" He asked, eyes narrowing in suspicion. The last he needed was more cocky purebloods like Bardot who acted as if she owned the place.

"Stop worrying, Ronald," Hermione scolded. "This is Ahsoka and Anakin. They were simply in need of a compartment, so I invited them."

"But how-"

"Oh, just take her word, Ron," interjected the boy across from the ginger with a groan. He turned to them, smiling. "Come on in, just put your luggage on the overhead racks, and we'll get to know each other."

Ahsoka and Anakin grinned. Although they didn't yet know, their lack of a compartment had resulted in what was to be the start of a strong friendship.

***

"... that's so interesting! Your hair is very unique, Ahsoka," Harry admitted, "I've never seen anything quite like it before."

"That's true. My hair, for some reason, is naturally blonde with blue streaks. And no," she answered, raising an amused eyebrow at the ginger prat across her, "I didn't dye it."

Ron scoffed, opening his mouth to retort before Hermione interrupted their conversation while glancing at her watch. "We should go change into robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon."

Anakin paled. "Kriff. What house are you hoping to be sorted into? My mom said it doesn't matter, as long as I have fun and do my best."

"I, for one, hope to join the Lions," Hermione answered, "but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad either."

"Yeah, same here. My entire family was sorted into Gryffindor. Imagine the shame it'd bring if I was sorted into Slytherin." Ron shivered at the very thought.

Harry was silent. "I guess Gryffindor's my first choice, but Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are acceptable as well. Not sure if I'm dark enough for Slytherin, or smart enough for Ravenclaw."

Hermione snickered. "I told you to do some light reading, Harry, but you always refuse. Now looks who's coming up victorious?"

"Oh, shut up," he grumbled. "What about you, Ahsoka?"

"Same, Gryffindor for me, but Hufflepuff sounds like a nice alternative, don't you think?"