"Right." He grasps her hand tighter.

"And while we're coming clean, the truth is..." Juno fiddles with his fingers distractedly, unable to look at him. "I don't even care anymore about finding out who is behind it all. I don't even care anymore about exposing the school and whatever shady business they're up to, I just want to get as far away from this place as I can. And I know it's selfish-"

"You wouldn't be human if you weren't, sometimes," Mark says. "But it isn't selfish to want to leave. This place was already traumatizing before. It's just outrageous now."

"I know. I want my mom," she jokes, and they both chuckle. Once her smile has faded, Juno catches Mark's eye again. "Why does it feel like it's been so long since we just talked like this? I mean, we used to do it all the time."

Because I had to avoid you. But now, as Mark looks at her, his feelings have never felt quite so asinine. This is the time for coming together; for building up and forming a support system, not for silly teenage drama. His thoughts shame him. "I know what you mean," he finally replies. "It just feels like things have been extra crazy lately."

"I agree with that." Juno squeezes his hand. "But at least we all have each other, right?" She cringes the moments the words are past her lips.

"No, you're right," he smiles. "If we have any chance of getting through this, it won't be alone."

"Oh, there you are!" Juno whirls around to see the boy with the two-tone hair approaching them. Renjun stops before her, and they hold each other's gaze for a beat before he opens up his arms. Juno falls into his embrace, letting go of Mark's hand. Hugs are strange; they never really solve anything, but have a way of making everything seem better. Or maybe that's just for Juno. She feels incredibly corny thinking it either way, but doesn't let go quite yet.

Finally they pull away, and for a moment, it's quiet. "So... that was crazy, huh?"

"Understatement of the century," Juno snorts. Then she glances around to see no more of their friends in sight. "Where's everyone?"

"I think they're all just in shock," Renjun replies. "They all went to lock themselves in their rooms."

"That's understandable." Juno inclines her head. "We should get together, later."

"Good idea," Mark nods. "But honestly, what was that just now? Putting Dano right in Jaesu's casket to be discovered during a funeral? Our culprit certainly seems to have a flair for the dramatics," he adds cheekily, paying homage to what Juno had said the very first time they'd met. It lightens the mood a bit.

Juno glares as Renjun giggles. "But is the school going to have another funeral for Dano, or are they going to wait until two more are killed to have another three-in-one?" she comments bitterly, rolling her eyes.

"I loathe this place," Renjun sighs.

"It wasn't safe here before, but it definitely isn't now." Mark mutters.

Juno bites on the inside of her cheek. "And that's why we have to figure out how to get out of here, while we still can."

Fresh air.

It doesn't occur to Juno that she hasn't been outside in ages until she finally steps through the doors of the south entrance. She inhales deeply, crisp oxygen rushing into her lungs. She's been spending so much time cooped up inside lately, she's almost forgotten what the building's exterior is like.

Juno walks forward, noticing that there's quite a number of students on the green today. Maybe she wasn't the only one feeling suffocated inside after everything. She clutches her bag closer to her side, making sure Shawty is getting air while not being visible to any passersby.