Chapter 20 || Kusuo's POV

Start from the beginning

"Y/n-" Kaidou tried to turn and catch her, but finally his shoelaces caught him. He fell to the ground with an oomph. The sudden movement caught the eye of several students. Nendou's scream of concern caught most of them.

Was that Nendou? I bet Saiki's with him!

That was my cue. Before Teruhashi and Yumehara made their way here, I escaped in the crowd. I could chase after Toritsuka and Takahashi but frankly I didn't want to see their faces. I wanted to get some time with Y/n. I scoured the halls for her with no avail. Despite the fact that she was immune to my readings, she couldn't escape my clairvoyance. When I found her, she was outside under a tree.

I teleported not too obviously. Y/n's head whipped towards me and suddenly I remembered what she said about her powers. That they were 'complicated' and she implied they were hard to control.

"Y/n..?"

She was standing under the tree, eyelids closed. Though a dark sheet of hair was covering her face, I noticed two pink orbs glowing underneath. Her fists were balled up, a sort of static-y aura aglow. Her body was trembling. I stepped forward, somewhat concerned.  A shock pricked the tip of my nose, then lip, then face, then chest. It was as if I was stepping into a bubble of electricity.

"Not now, Saiki," she forced out. Her voice was shaky, strained. My instincts fluttered throughout my body at a rapid rate. The bell was about to ring, and students were going to be storming through at any moment. I needed her to calm down- but how?

I didn't even know what'd happened. Why was she so upset? Wait- my mind flashed back to Toritsuka and Takahashi. The losers. What might they have done to her? It's not like I cared too much, but if she exploded on site because of them I would get dragged into the freak show, since I was affiliated with her. The morons thinking she was my girlfriend didn't help either.

"It's alright, just take deep breaths-"

"Shut up!"

"Do you want to draw attention to yourself?" Well, looked like she wasn't one to appreciate soft lullabys. I had wondered if I could use my power of telepathy to send a brain lullaby to hypnotize her into serenity but clearly it did not work. I decided to resort to threatening since it was my favorite method anyways. What? It always worked.

"If you get yourself caught, we are going to be in deep shit. Control yourself for the sake of god."

"I-I can't," Y/n stammered, shuddering. Little snaps of light popped up around her but disappeared before I could land an eye on them. 

"I don't know how."

Good grief. The bell rang. Students began to flood the halls and they'd be heading through the courtyard soon. 

"You need to get yourself under control. Tell me, what even happened?"

"Just shut up!" An electric breeze rippled through the air and made my pink strands of hair dance.

She was getting more angry- more powerful. But what was I to do?

Find Saiki! I heard a thought. My enhanced hearing caught the sounds of fifty or so students rushing our way. I glanced at Y/n, but she was only getting worse.

Good grief. This was going to hurt. I stepped into her murder aura and grabbed her hand. I wasn't one to feel pain easily. I could even control electricity. But hers was different. How? I didn't know, and it was getting more urgent.

Normal people were boring, this strange girl was troublesome. It was all a pain. I would never be peaceful, especially if she got caught. I guess I'd have to help her out.

As I caught hold of her wrist, I ignored the jolts of power that ran through my body. Images flashed before my eyes. The brightness and pain was overwhelming. Before I could analyze it, I willed myself to teleport, and then I let go.

. . . . . . . 

A/N: TYSM for reading!! I'm sorry I left for a while. I was recovering from a unalive attempt LMAO. Anyways I'm totally not depressed anymore so here I am delivering a random chapter. I got like 2 hate comments and it hurt me so please do comment and vote, but comment GOOD THINGS. anyways, heres your saiki chapter pic.