𝟬𝟬𝟯 fool me once, shame on you

CHAPTER THREE,fool me once, shame on you

CHAPTER THREE,
fool me once, shame on you.

     TO SAY THAT Jaylene was annoyed was by far the biggest understatement of the freaking century

The blood that road through her body felt as if it was boiling, her anger only managing to increase as time passed by.

She sat in silence on a couch located on the patio of what she assumed was Terrance's home, her arms crossed like a child with her foot anxiously bouncing on the ground as she waited and waited, avoiding Marleen who had made one too many attempts at talking to her. There was a voice inside of her head telling her to make a run for it, but she was under the supervision of both: Terrance and Stubbs. Though she could easily outsmart Stubbs, who couldn't possibly hold the capacity to realize he was falling under her trap, there was still Terrance to deal with which was most definitely not something she wanted to do, so all she could do now was wait for whatever mess came next.

"Here." Marleen's voice snapped her from her thoughts, extending a water bottle out towards her which Jaylene refused, being far too angry to deal with her mother right now. "Oh, will you stop being a child-"

A stifled laugh left Jaylene's lips, her eyes rolling. "I spent so much time defending you when people said you were unhinged, but I'm beginning to realize that they were right all along." She bitterly spoke, staring at the plants in front of her, not daring to make eye contact with her mother who was standing by the doorframe.

"That ain't no way to speak to your mother." Terrance intervened, pouring himself another cup of whiskey from the mini-bar he had set outside his patio.

"No one asked for your opinion, Terrance!" Jaylene spat, far too annoyed with the fact that he had quite literally kidnapped her and brought her here where she was being forced to deal with Marleen despite trying to avoid her. She did wonder when the blonde-haired woman had revealed that she actually was her daughter, but she didn't care enough about that right now. "You're the one who told me to make a run for it. Did you just change your mind and suddenly decide that you needed to have me kidnapped?" She turned her attention towards Marleen, making eye contact with her just so she could send a death glare in her direction