𝟬𝟬𝟮 candle lit memories

CHAPTER TWO,candle lit memories

CHAPTER TWO,
candle lit memories.

     CHAOS THEORY had always been a topic that often slithered into Jaylene's mind whenever she was incapable of functioning properly after having dazed off with some sort of narcotic riding through her bloodstream

CHAOS THEORY had always been a topic that often slithered into Jaylene's mind whenever she was incapable of functioning properly after having dazed off with some sort of narcotic riding through her bloodstream. More specifically, the so-called: butterfly effect that's known to spark several arguments whenever it's uttered.

Originally, the concept of the effect was solely focused on the context of weather science, the theory being that a butterfly flapping its wings earlier than it was supposed to could affect the outcome of something in the future, causing greater consequences than anticipated. Over time, however, it's been used in all kinds of contexts . . . such as the controversial topic of life itself.

Although everyone had their own personal opinions on the matter, Jaylene firmly believed that the smallest choices made in life could result in something much more complex in the future. Whether that be sitting next to a complete stranger on the first day of school, or deciding not to go out with friends out of pure laziness. Whatever that small choice may be, it holds the capability to drastically affect the way in which something plays out. Like the domino effect, it activates a chain reaction, one so unpredictable that no one can prepare for.

Even now as she and John B sprinted through Nassau, the effect was still very much in place. Had they turned right instead of left, Jaylene never would've bumped into a familiar face that would save her from the police officers that were chasing after them.

     "Shit! I'm so sorry—" Jaylene gasped at the sudden collision that was made between her body and the body of a stranger as she took a sharp turn into the nearby alley that had been the first thing to come into view.

     "Jaylene?" A short, raven-haired girl gaped her mouth open in shock, her eyes glimmering with happiness at the sight of the Rosewood girl.

     Jaylene paused at that, her eyes widening in disbelief at all these familiar faces from her past that she seemed to keep running into. "Elsy? Oh, my god!" She struggled to catch her breath, a hand on her chest with her other one resting against the wall that was keeping them hidden from those chasing after her and John B.