Throb in depth of death (11)

Start from the beginning

He looks back over the king and he must look pathetic because even the kings face scrunch and raises an eyebrow, his dark hair curtain his eyes but unable to hide the silvery glow beneath them,

"P-please let me go, please, I d-don't know...I– just want..want to leave, d-don't understand...please" he shakes his head, biting his lips enough to tear the flesh and leave a bloody patch, his hands fist together as if imitating how his heart and throat are being squeezed until blood stops and collect like purple shade of his face, unable to breathe properly between his tears and words.

He's downright begging. Jungkook's pride, self esteem burned into nothing in front of the crowd and the crown, he hates this, loathes people stares, begging for his life, the silence, too familiar.

"You don't?" the king taunts wiping his tears away only to be replaced by new one, it's not a question but an clear indication to stop talking now because it's done, he don't have a choice. King's every word and hum is a punch to his ribs, stealing his breathe because he can't get used to it, he never spoke before and at one time he started wondering about his voice along with Miki's hearing but this isn't how he imagined anything to go like.

He can't believe he even remember his name, why does he even remember his name, Jungkook called him 'Eros' for the first time and he truly live up-to the character but he can't appreciate it, anything and everything is terrifying and ugly, the crystals, the gems, statues, throne, even the king don't please him to the slightest so he whispers, unable to stop the shaking from his voice

"W-why?"

He didn't actually expect an answer but the king still humors him, "Because you're the prettiest aren't you?" and Jungkook's left to bask in silence when the kings eyes fall over the girl, "I'm not actually going to let you die," he speaks amused and the girl puffs her chest and straightens like a soldier "No, sire."

The king hums thoughtfully, unnecessarily faking his consideration as if there's not a whole court of almost hundred judging and a boy tearing up on his feet "I offer you to choose your partner from royal captures," The King leans back leisurely but nothing about it harmless, his eyes set over Jungkook, observing how he flinch everytime he speaks "You're free to choose anyone from them and as many," meanwhile the king plays with his new play thing's end of rope, eyes falling over the red smudge,

She nods with a firm voice, "Acknowledged, my sire" and steps back further as if Jungkook's as untouchable as the king, his heavy breath resonates loud and clear, he is overwhelmed painfully and suffocated being this close to King that his head spins and mouth waters nauseous, life's constantly shoving him back and forth with no rest and he lost so much, even her, leaving him yet again into an unfamiliar atmosphere, he hiccups wondering how he'll be treated before he'll be probably killed as some slave like many behind him, their head still held low, pitying him more than themselves.

A strong tug on his wrist makes him stumble and loose his balance with half his body landing over the king, his startled squeal and wide eyes thoroughly amuse the king as he laughs again while the people of court hold their breathe,

Jungkook stiffens like a rabbit under a tiger's claw as the king strokes his hair, removing the pearl circlet and the veil so that the mess of his face is visible. His heart drums against the kings thigh and it's silly but he wants to relax like this, he didn't realize how much his body was hurting until his head is placed on kings lap and he don't have to keep himself upright anymore.

The king wrap the rest of the rope around his palm until Jungkook's finger touch his, "My sire, do you want me to bring him to his confinement?" someone from the court voice out, Jungkook unable to see but he gulps freezing on king's lap, are they planning to cage him or something?

The king doesn't stop stroking his hair and if it continues like this he'll sleep, thoroughly tired after crying, "No," the king says and everyone wait for him to continue, "Bring him to the bedrock of the palace,"

The king looks up then his lips twitch, "To the mother's chamber", people suck in their breathe, horrified and shocked as their king savor the look of his court, eyes gleaming more brightly.

Jungkook is almost asleep, his headache long gone along with his stiffness, insides easing and barely registering whatevers happening behind him, his bleary eyes tilt up as at the same time the king looks down in his, the king stares long with a pleased look over his struggle to keep his eyes open before closing them by back of his palm, careful of the sharp jewels and he falls asleep, head on the King's lap.

People take their time to get over their shock, just enough to speak, "Sire, you can't." an old fishfolk brood, eyebrows furrowed as if can't believe what the king said, almost everyone agreeing with the elder and rest not saying anything, no one agreeing with their king,

"May I know why?" the king asks, his posture relaxed as if the whole court room isn't really boycotting his decision, his eyes over the sleepy boy
who scrunched his nose in sleep.

The old fishfolk shakes his head as if it physically pains him to actually give words to something their king is purposefully ignoring," He's a human, an evildoer" he snarls, canines showing as he let it out, as if it's an insult to speak these words.

"And I'm your king"

No one speaks anything and finally the king spares them a glance, "You want to go against my wish?" the old fishfolk flinch, shaking his head and makes himself small as he bows his head muttering an apology, the king hum, chin propped on his palm and elbow over armrest of throne, "do you all wish to disobey me?" he asks again, tone light and calm but everyone hide their eyes fixed on the floor, their head bowed down and pin drop silence as if no one's breathing.

The king close his eyes, as if sleeping with a small threatening smile playing on his lips, "Then bring him or do I need to repeat myself"

Two guards scramble, bowing before carrying the sleeping boy away through the exit behind the king.

The girl who had been silent the whole time nods when the king looks at her, she stands facing the crowd tall and wrap her fingers around the dagger, "We'll celebrate for the king" she says loud and clear for everyone in the hall, her voice echoing, people scramble around seemingly hurrying to do the needful as the smile grows on the King's face, eyes closed content.

"Celebration for our soon to be emperor and his marriage"

She glanced over the commotion of people scrambling, fishfolks flicking their tails to dive back into the walls, penetrating and disappearing into them as if melted into the blue and white crystal as it let them merely rippling under their weight, the arm rest melts then the edge of the chair in a splash of water as the humans follow behind swiftly, somehow unhesitatingly plunging into the flood as they just let the water cover them wholly without any struggle.

The red carpet soaks blood red until it's not visible under the infinite water pouring from the walls all while the imperial first in command holds her ground, hands still over the dagger as the last evidence of wall and masses of chairs melt and bleed into blue ocean, water filling around her ankles on the high ground, the only ground that's not slipping and sliding away, her king behind her sitting on his throne pleased with water climbing up near his toes, foam barely grazing his long cloak and he takes a long intake of breathe,

His smile widens.

A/n

Feedback?

How are you all?