"And you," Connie spoke up, whipping his head to turn to Jean still having a breakdown on his bed. "Can we please go to lunch now? I'm starving now."

Jean responded by pulling the blanket over his face, hiding underneath it. "You can go without me." He mumbled, his words coming out unintelligible, but Connie still heard him loud and clear.

He rolled his eyes, hopping on the mattress. "Is this about—"

"No, it's not!" The ash brown haired boy shouted back immediately, narrowing his eyes at Connie furiously. "I'm not hungry."

"Yeah, totally," He snorted. He snatched the blanket away from Jean and threw it somewhere in the corner, leaving him defenseless. Tugging on his arm, Connie rolled his eyes again. "Come on. Are you that scared of running into Taryn?"

He sat up with a groan, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "I'm not scared," He mumbled. "It's just know it's...gonna be awkward."

"What, because you kissed her?" Connie furrowed his brows. He put a hand on his hip, questioning him. "Why'd you even do that in the first place, idiot?"

Jean's face morphed back into an angry frown. "Well, I don't know! Screw you for coercing us to drink alcohol!"

"I didn't force you! You were the one who decided to go ahead and drink two glasses!"

He didn't respond and only continued to glare at him. The two sat in silence, with Connie flashing him an unimpressed look every now and then, Jean responding with the same energy, before the shorter male finally gave up and heaved a deep sigh.

"Okay, whatever, my bad," He rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time. "But so what if you kissed her?"

Jean appeared confused. "Huh?"

A ghost of smirk was starting to make its way towards Connie's lips. Quirking up a brow, he crossed his arms. "Why are you making such a big deal about it?"

The boy gaped at him. "How can I not? We're friends—"

"Sasha and I've kissed multiple times, and it's not awkward at all." He shrugged, appearing so nonchalant about what he had just said, a stark contrast to the other boy's reaction.

His words caught Jean off guard. His eyes widened and he even had to make sure he hadn't been hearing things. Glancing back at Connie, he couldn't help but flash him a look of bewilderment. "Sorry, what?"

"Just for practice when I eventually get someone, you know," Connie wiggled his brows. "Don't get the wrong idea. But back to the topic. Why are you getting so worked up about it?"

"I don't know."

Connie was grinning ear-to-ear. He inched closer to Jean, extremely close that he even had to push him away slightly. "Is it because...you like her?"

"What? No," He shot back immediately, not liking the way his heart skipped a beat at the prospect. "I don't see her in that way, no. You know I like..." He trailed off, unsure of what he was about to say. "You know who I like."

Connie chuckled, though it was in a mean, almost sarcastic type of way. "Yeah, sure," He raised up a brow. "Don't give me that crap. Who, Mikasa? When was the last time you thought of her? I bet it's been a long, long time."

He hated to admit it, but Connie was right. Mikasa wasn't the one who had been on his mind lately, and he wasn't going to lie and say that his feelings for her was as intense as it had been before.

He didn't reply, leaving the two of them in solitude. Connie was still smiling at him teasingly with his eyebrows dancing and instead of being annoyed, the sight caused a smile to want to appear on Jean's lips as well.