Charlie Hayes.

He was here. Oh god. Out of all the places and out of all the days he could've gone to the park, of course, he chose today. 

To Jason, Charlie was a beacon of light and he knew his gaze would gravitate towards the other man, no matter what. It was something he had learnt a long time ago. He couldn't help it. 

"You okay, Jason?"

He turned to Maddie, trying to hide just how flustered he was, "Y-yeah I'm fine"

"Great, tell me more about the rigged football match"

"Oh yeah, there was this time...", he barely registered himself saying the words, his concentration was completely trained on Charlie who had finally seemed to spot him. Charlie, unsurprisingly, glared at him.

Jason looked away, hoping he didn't look as flustered as he felt. The last thing he wanted was to embarrass himself in front of his date and Charlie. 

"Are you even listening to me"

Jason spluttered, flushing, "Shit sorry, yes"

"Um...right"

Distantly, his brain registered the fact that he was really messing up his date and it had only been like an hour. 

He looked back at Charlie who was still looking at him and Jason scrunched his eyes as he mouthed something. Something that sounded like 'Dick'.

"Fuck you too", Jason muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean-"

He tried for an excuse but suddenly yelped in pain when he felt a sudden sting against his neck. It wasn't a sting, more of a sharp prickle. Like a thorn stabbing into his neck. 

"Holy fuck, that's a wasp!", Maddie gasped, pushing away. 

"A WHAT?!"

That's when he saw it, the huge monster of a creature that was buzzing around his waist.

"NO!"

"Oh fuck no"

He swatted at it, pushing back and struggling hard, feet pushing against the edge of his seat. With his frantic scrambling, his back raised off the park bench and tripped over it. 

Oh Jesus Christ.

That was the last thought in his head before he was falling into the muddy little pond, the taste of dirt enveloping his senses. Jason groaned, coughing and head popping above the surface of the pond. Why the fuck was it so muddy.

He wadded out of it, pissed and feeling his face on fire.  He looked down at his body, which was now soaked with dirty water. Maddie was standing at the edge of the pond, eyes wide and hand closer over her mouth, "I'm so sorry"

"It's fine", Jason grumbled, rubbing at his arms which were now starting to itch. He just hoped to god there weren't any poisonous bugs or shit in the water. 

Harley and Charlie were approaching him cautiously, like one would approach a wild animal. They were both wide eyed and looked downright amused. It made them look more identical than ever. He wondered if they realized they were doing it. Probably not.

However, Jason did spot something like concern on Charlie's face. It made him feel somewhat better. 

"So", Jason tried for a smile, failing miserably, "That was an amazing first date, huh?"

"Yeah, no"

Jason sighed, "I'm sorry"

Maddie left, leaving him standing there with the twins.

Wouldn't Dream Of ItOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara