𝟑𝟕. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

Start from the beginning

Once it's closed she whirls on me, "what do you mean he knows about Wolf!?"

"Exactly what that means. Polat knew you gave a kid up. When we questioned one of his men yesterday, and then him himself, he gave us that information. They know it was either Brooks or the man that you'd been fucking from the organization." I point to myself. "Polat put out a hit on you and a hit on our son." A sob escapes her which has her hand smacking her mouth in mortification. "You and Brooks need to give up the name of the man for Polat, so he can kill him, and the location of the baby because your father wants to take him."

"No!" She's shaking her head with angry tears flowing down her cheeks. "No! No, no no, noooo! You can't let that happen, Tor. You can't." She's frantic now looking like she's about to have a panic attack.

"Dani, calm down, it's going to be okay."

"Okay!?" Her words are incredulous, angry. "No, this is not okay, Tor! How can you say this is okay?" I hate seeing her like this. All I want to do is wrap my arms around her and make everything better but I can't.

"Your father wants to have a meeting with you in two days, face to face, here."

"But he can't. He—"

"He can if it's to discuss negotiation and possible work with Brooks. He's going to take the hit off of him if he protects you but you have to give up the name of the man you were with. But obviously you can't do that."

"And why not?" My lips set into a firm line at that. "Hmm? If I give you up maybe they'll leave Wolf alone or would you have him suffer just so you can keep playing undercover? I don't even know if you're playing anymore. You seemed to have no problem doing whatever it is the you were with those two girls you brought in since last night. You gave more of a fuck about them than you did about our own son!"

In two strides I'm directly in front of her, gripping her jaw fiercely with, "Don't you ever say that I give a shit about two whores more than I do about my own flesh and blood." About you.  "We've talked about this. Soon enough, after everything with Polat is settled, especially after that, they will have enough intel on Dedaj to put him away for the rest of his life, Dani. You will be free. I will be free. Our son will be free."

"Take your hand off of me!" My anger is still boiling. The man I've had to be is itching just underneath the surface, making my fingers tighten on her. "Torey! You're hurting me!" Both of her hands grab at the one in my grasp. Her towel falls off of her in the struggle. Her nakedness makes me let her go. I look her up and down and my heart hurts. "What is wrong with you!?" She cries as she grips her jaw, it's covered in angry red marks from my fingerprints.

Fuck.

"Dani," I step toward her when she backs away, "baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I would never—" I grab ahold of her naked waist and try to pull her into me but she's fighting me. Her naked body, one that's finally getting its' curves back, feels so good in my arms even if she's battling for me to let her go. "Stop, baby, I'm sorry."

"Get off of me!" It's a partial scream and a partial cry. "Get off!" I let her push away from me feeling a giant fucking hole puncture itself in my heart. "I'm not one of the whores you can manhandle like you and my father's men"

"I know." Even though her chin would say otherwise. "Come here." I open up my arms to her and she just shakes her head. "I want to make it better."

"By fucking me?" Yes. But I don't say that I just stare at her naked body feeling longing all through me. I instinctually reach out for her and she steps away from me. "No, Torey."

"I'm trying here, Dani! I'm fucking trying! I'm doing what I think I need to do. Please, you have to fucking realize what this is doing to..." I just shake my head and shut my mouth. "You know what, fuck it. Never mind. You know your father wants to meet up with you. You know our son is in danger. I know you don't give a fuck about me. Got it." These days it feels like no one cares about the man I am, the one slowly starting to dwindle. I stalk past her but she grabs ahold of my arm before I can make it out the door. "Dani, we're done here."

"Torey, stop." I rip my arm away from her but she gets in front of me, still fucking naked. The way she's pressing her body up against the door is making blood rush to certain masculine areas of my body. "I do give a fuck about you. Do you give a fuck about me?"

"Do I give a fuck about you? What kind of question is that? I'm not telling you what you should already know, Dani. Stop asking questions you already know the answer to." I grab the towel at my feet and chuck it at her. "Now cover yourself up before I bend you over that couch and fuck you so fucking hard you can't walk straight for a week." Her cheeks flare as she covers her naked form. God fucking damn. I want to fuck her so bad. I put my hands on either side of her head before leaning down so that my eyes align with hers. "Do you still think about me fucking you with your man?" Her tongue runs along her bottom lip. Back and forth. "Hmm?" She swallows nervously, body trembling from my nearness. "Don't for one second think that either of those women you saw me with has anything on you, do you hear me?"

Her icy-blues blink up at me in partial jealous anger, it's adorable. "Did you... did you sleep with them?"

"I fucked them both in my shower." She pushes against my chest. "I fucked them in my bed." Another angered push. "I watched them fuck each other. And yes, it was hot. And yes, I came fucking spigots because I am a single man and I can do that." Tears run down her face as she looks away from me. "Dani..."

"No, Torey, I don't want to hear anymore."

"I was also high as fuck and drunk as hell every single time." I place a kiss to her temple. "They mean nothing. And if I truly meant nothing to you then you wouldn't care. You wouldn't be fantasizing about me. You wouldn't be trembling between my arms as we speak. But here we are. Here you are. But I'm not sharing what is mine, Dani." I reach down and slip my hand beneath her towel to cup her sex. "This is mine. Always has been." And I can tell from the way her pussy is weeping as much as her eyes are right now.

The door opens, jutting both of us backward. We're met with a confused Brooks looking back and forth between the both of us. "What the fuck are you doing here? Get tired of watching two girls fuck on your couch?" I watch as Dani winces at that. "Thought what, you'd snort a few lines of coke and come to our room for what?"

"I got a phone call after you left. I came here to tell her something that I was told to tell her. Not much more to it than that." He eyes me suspiciously. "If I wanted to fuck her then I would be doing it."

"Oh fuck off."

"And you too for that matter." Brooks doesn't say anything to that, he just goes over to the fridge and grabs a beer. "Anyway, I should be going, as you've said, I have company awaiting my return." Dani's brows furrow in hurt and confusion which makes me pull her into me. I lower my lips to her ear and whisper. "It's all a part I have to play, please remember that, Dani." She looks at me with wide, tear-filled eyes before taking off to their bedroom. When the door slams I want to punch something because I can't go in there and climb between her legs, give her what I know I only can.

"I told you I wanted you to stay the fuck away from her and you immediately waltz right to her? Are you fucking kidding me?"

I pin him with my stare as I say, "I love that fucking woman and not you or anyone else in the entire fucking universe is going to tell me I have to stay away from her, do you fucking hear me? I don't care if you're the one fucking her right now. I don't care that I can't be with her right now. I'm glad she has someone like you when I can't be there." Actually I fucking hate it but he needs to think I do not give a shit. "I will tell you one thing though, Brooks... I," I point to my chest and give him the hardest, most serious look you can imagine, "I am her endgame. Me. I am endgame. You might be a place holder, someone to play house and fantasy land with, but I am Dani's endgame."

Without another word or look I storm out of their room, leaving him with that.

A/N:
Happy Monday!