Chapter 5

Junkyu POV

Few days had passed since my encounter with JeongWoo. Nothing changed on my daily life except JeongWoo's effort to constantly checking on me. I still bury myself with work, the only way I know to get my mind off of Haruto.

Sixteen hours of work and four hours of sleep was the recipe for my amnesia. I took a lot of vitamins, supplements, and some injections so my body can endure the pressure I give to myself. The last thing I need was falling sick and thinking about that guy while I'm on bedrest.

It was awful to think that I live a lifeless life, live while dead inside. Sometimes when I fall asleep, I wish I will never wake up as I know I'm going to feel empty and lonely once I open my eyes. And again I will forced myself to go through my day without any purpose to live. Just like every other day.

It was ten in the morning and I feel drained already. Maybe I need another dose of caffeine. I dialed Rose's number at the intercom and waited for her voice. "Yes Junkyu-ssi?" Said Rose.

"Can you please get me another coffee?" I said. She understand it wasn't a question.

After a few minutes, Rose trudged to my office holding a cup of coffee on one hand and a tablet on her other hand.

"This is your second coffee this morning. Watch your gastric." She reminded me as she placed the cup on my desk. She was right, I almost forgot about that. I took out my gastric med from the drawer and swallow one pill. Rose shook her head in disbelief.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. "It called prevention."

"Anything that can make you sleep at night, Sir." She scoffed. I rolled my eyes. "I hope your gastric won't act up at the charity event later." She added.

"Brief me on this event again." I instructed her. I placed my chin on top of my folded hands to direct my attention to her.

She run her fingers on her tablet and starts explaining. "This charity event is part of CSR program involving Japan Children Support Association. It will be held at an orphanage in Suginami. You will give a short speech at the opening ceremony, followed by Mr. Gaku Inatsu, a representative from Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Next you will give a symbolism board to the head nurse of the orphanage. Then you will be free. You may or may not watch our artists performing for the children. But you have to come back to office for an interview with Oggi Magazine at five." She gasp for air before continued. "Your speech is on your email I sent this morning along with detail information on the event."

"Thanks. Any information on the deal with Tencent Group?" I asked. I turned my gaze back to my laptop, continue to reply hundreds more emails that I haven't finished replying since I arrived at office.

"I'm afraid we won't get the deal. The term on their side won't give us any benefit. Mashiho and his team had extensive negotiation with them but seems like it will come to a dead end." She said.

I turned my head back to Rose. "Seems like? You know I hate an unclear statement. Its either black or white. There's no grey area in my dictionary. Tell the BA Head to see me. Now." I said authoritatively.

"Understood Junkyu-ssi. I shall excuse myself." She nodded and left my office, not forgetting to take the empty cup from my first coffee of the day with her.

I ignored my unread emails and skimmed the proposal for Tencent Group along with the report from BA Dept. I need to pointed out the potential issue before confronting the BA Head and hear his explanation. I did found some flaws on the proposal but the biggest flaw was they give them room for negotiation.

Dealing with a huge company like Tencent, we have to know what they aimed for and offer them exactly what they need with a set of condition that will benefit us. They will overlook the benefit we will received from the deal as they're going to be more focused on the offer. And even if we refused to negotiate, they won't backed out from signing the contract because they needed it.