Chapter Six

Pollen tapped the tablet pen on the table. School had ended and the duo was officially home.

"Chloe," Pollen began. "It has come to my attention that you don't do your own work."

"So?" Chloe nonchalantly replied, crossing one leg over the other from where she sat on the chaise in front of Pollen.

Pollen tried not to roll her eyes. "So, I want you to learn how to be self-sufficient."

Chloe scoffed. "I am plenty self-sufficient."

"Really?" Pollen had a sweet smile on her face. "Then prove it."

Before Chloe could make any remark, Polle flew over to her school bag. It looked more like a purse, honestly, with how much makeup and accessories she had stashed away inside. Seriously, what did you need an extra pair of heels for?

Pollen shook off the thought and grabbed the binder Chloe used for class, as well as her homework folder. Brining both items back to the table, she flipped the folder open. She pulled out the first sheet of homework she saw- something math related- and waved a paw at it.

Chloe gave her a dumbfounded look. "You want me to do that? Sabrina normally does."

Pollen raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh, fine, I get it." Chloe grumbled. "What does doing my own work have to do with being self-sufficient anyway?"

"When was the last time you did your own school work."

"Ughhhh!"

Letting out a little giggle, Pollen decided to make a compromise, "For every question you get correct, I'll let you ask a question about the Bee miraculous and its powers. However!" Pollen held a paw up before Chloe could get too excited, "For each you get wrong, you have to listen to some history and background on the miraculous."

"Ooo-kay? How is that a loss for me? I still get to know what I want to know," Chloe replied.

If only the poor girl knew.

Pollen beamed. "I'm glad you asked! You know how much you love our 'Bee Nice' Sessions?"

Chloe groaned.

"Anything I tell you will come along with lessons. I will tell you tales that are important for a number of reasons. And you have to sit through all of them!"

Chloe's eye twitched. That sounded excruciating. Buuuut, she did want to know more about what powers the Bee miraculous could give her. It was just a simple math worksheet. Surely, it couldn't be that hard. So Chloe took out a blank sheet of paper and began working.

She was wrong. So, so wrong. Chloe was by no means a bad student. She got solid B's and pleased her daddy enough with her grades to get by. Did she need to have a study session with Sabrina before each test or quiz to get the contents down? Yes.

But that was all pish-posh. She figured if she could pick up enough for a test or quiz a day before it, she could do homework with no problem. Apparently, she hadn't been giving Sabrina enough credit. That girl made it so much easier than this.

It didn't help that her notes were a total disaster. Half-finished sentences, unclear instructions, and a clear lack of interest in each page. For a moment Chloe cursed her own apathy. She wanted to know more, damnit!

By the time she finished she felt exhausted. Pollen, ever chipper, hummed as she looked through each question. She procured a pen and started making marks. That was a lot of red. Oh GOD, there was so much red.

Pollen tapped the pen to her chin in thought. Giving a nod, she wrote a score at the top of her sheet.

6/15.