nine.

˚ ༘ 𝕿𝐖𝐎 𝕲𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒 彡
꒰‧⁺ ⇢ ❝ 𝒞𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝒩𝙸𝙽𝙴 ¡! ❞ ˊˎ
- ̗̀ ๑❪( ◌⁺ ˖˚ ಿ captain america.

˚ ༘ 𝕿𝐖𝐎 𝕲𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒 彡꒰‧⁺ ⇢ ❝ 𝒞𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝒩𝙸𝙽𝙴 ¡! ❞ ˊˎ- ̗̀ ๑❪( ◌⁺ ˖˚ ಿ  captain america

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝕾𝑻𝑬𝑽𝑬 𝑹𝑶𝑮𝑬𝑹𝑺 𝑭𝑬𝑳𝑻 LIKE A COMPLETE AND UTTER GOON AS HE STOOD ON STAGE, CLAD IN A BRIGHT BLUE, RED AND WHITE UNIFORM THAT YOU WOULD THINK TO SEE A DORKY CARTOON CHARACTER WEARING, AMONGST A SEA OF MEN -- SOLDIERS, TO BE EXACT. When he agreed to do the Captain America's USO Shows, this wasn't what he had in mind. At all.

The whole reason he had gotten the offer was because of his heroic victory over the HYDRA spy, Heinz Kruger during Project Rebirth back in June. The event had made the front page in many newspapers, and Senator Brandt realised that Steve could do more than just waste away as a lab rat and had the potential to be a public symbol to boost the morale of the nation by promoting the purchase of War Bonds.

Steve knew that Abraham Erskine, the scientist who had chosen and injected him with his very own creation of Super-Soldier Serum and changed him into the Captain America symbol that stood before them, wouldn't agree with this if he was still alive. He wouldn't approve of the live entertainment performances where Steve toured the nation in a colourful costume as "Captain America", accompanied by a group of women named the Star Spangled Singers, who danced and playfully gushed in the presence of the Captain.

Senator Brandt had made Steve Rogers exactly what he wanted him to be: a symbol. The success of these shows led to comics and movies about "Captain America"'s adventures during World War II, trading cards, and even a radio series titled The Captain America Adventure Program. Steve felt like he was a display rather than the Super Soldier Erskine made him to be. He chose Steve because he was a good man, and he believed in him.

Steve wished more people felt the same towards him as he spoke to the herd of soldiers through his microphone, shield in hand. "How many of you are ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?"

His stage voice was met with dead silence, soldiers coughing and looking at their friends with unimpressed looks. They were all still in their uniforms, tanks positioned all around them as they were stationed five miles from the front in Italy. The November air was cold against their rough skin, looking completely different to the clean, polished Captain America they saw on stage before them.

Steve swallowed nervously, trying not to let it show on his half-masked face. "Okay. Uh . . . I need a volunteer."

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" One man from the crowd shouted, the crowd laughing along with him.