0.4

It's been a few days since Sloan was released from the hospital, yet she was still in no shape to do much. She pretty much did the same thing all day long. Lay in bed, eat, watch TV. The whole cast luckily, was there to help her around. Since the attack, everyone was shaken up, so Jonas thought it'd be best if they paused filming for the week.
     Sloans eyes were closed but she was still awake. She haven't been able to get much these days. She was still processing the thought she got attacked by a shark. In all 21 years of her life, all the times she'd been in the water, she had never had a scare. Of course she had thought about it but never actually believed it would happen.
    Drew opened up the door quietly to see the girl laying on the bed. She looked so peaceful when she rested. He creeped up to the bed and bent down so his face was leveled with hers. He reached out giving her a kiss on her forehead.
     "Hey, Sloan... Are you awake?" He whispered.
     "Yeah," Sloan quietly said, "I am."
     "Well, I'm here to help get you ready my love. I believe you have a video interview. But if you don't want to, I'm sure I can make an arrangement for us to just sleep instead." He smiled at the girl in front of him. She giggled at him.
     "As tempting as that sounds, people are wondering and at some point you have to give people what they need. I'm sure they want to know I'm alive. I haven't been on my phone in nearly three days." She pauses, "yet I'm nearly better off." She makes a face, then smiles, "alright, help me up now Mr. Starkey."
     "Your wish is my command."

sloanbrooks: I took this 1 hour before my last surf, as I was about to catch a wave something I never thought would personally happen to me did

sloanbrooks: I took this 1 hour before my last surf, as I was about to catch a wave something I never thought would personally happen to me did. A shark came up and bite me. Thank you for all the love have received, I am truly grateful. I pray that I will be able to get back into surfing and that my story will help inspire others in the future. For any more details please stream my interview with Volcom x 4. ❤️
                                         ...
     "Hello Sloan! I'm so glad you are here today and I'm glade you seem to be doing alright. How are you doing this morning?" The lady on the other side of the screen said. Drew sat right next to Sloan. He was running his hands up and down the Blonde girls thigh to sooth her. They were both sitting in the living room with waters and fruit next to them on the coffee table.
     "Hi, thank you so much for having me. I'm doing alright thank you for asking me. It's been super peaceful and calm since I got out of the hospital so I'm super thankful."
     "Well I'm glad to hear that. I see Drew a little bit in the background tell him I said hi. Anyways let's get started if you don't mind me asking. A question that has been on everyone's mind is what happened exactly and what will be happening once you've recovered?" Sloan took a deep breath in.
     "Well, we were filming a surf scene in the water and everything was going super good. After a while I got out but I thought we should take some more just to get the right shots so I jumped back in the water. Everything seemed normal at first and then it didn't. I think I honestly went into shock the moment I felt a yank on my board. Almost immediately I knew what was happening and I called over the crew and they realized I had just gotten bite. All I remember was the water turning a different color and people telling me what was happening. I got bite in the stomach, I was lucky enough that the shark didn't puncture anything to important. I just remember that I wanted to be home with Drew, Madelyn, and the rest. It was pretty scary. I do though have a pretty cool souvenir now. I was able to retrieve my surfboard which I'm beyond thankful, I think I'm going to hang it up on my wall and I have a pretty cool scar."
     "Aww, well I can only imagine what you must be going through Sloan. How are you recovering now? Do you have any updates on what the future will bring?"
    "My stomach isn't in pain anymore thanks to the power of ibuprofen but when I walk and get up to try to do stuff it's very hard and I have a tough time. I'm lucky though to have Drew be glued to my side this entire time though because I would truly be lost." Sloan stops and looks at him. She smiles a bit. "And as for my future, i will be able to film the rest of Outer Banks once I am able to walk by myself again. I'm looking forward to it. As for getting back in the water. I won't know until I'm cleared to do it by the doc again. I really hope I'll be able to surf to my best abilities once I'm healed, but apart of me is scared that something I've done for twenty years is about to come to an end."
     After the interview was finished, Drew abs Sloan laid in bed for awhile. Then they had to get ready to go to the Pate household for a 'family' gathering which consist of the whole pate family plus the 5 pogues and 3 kooks.
     Sloan and Drew sat on the couch the whole time because Jonas didn't want Sloan to walk around and accidentally hurt herself agian.
     Sloan and lily were in a deep conversation about getting tattoos together, something the two both wanted. While they were talking, Sloan leaned up against Drew, who was busy talking to Rudy. After a while more people joined and eventually they all moved to the large kitchen island. They were all trying to help bake and cook. Sloan got off of Drew's back and took a seat on the bar stool.

Liked by sloanbrooks and 382,937 others

lily.pate: in case yall are wondering who Sloans personal transportation is...
tagged: sloanbrooks drewstarkey
View all 2,937 comments
sloanbrooks: my lil horsey
   ^drewstarkey: only for u I swear
madelyncline: tomfoolery horse addition
user: I swear she's so over dramatic like walk on ur own!
   ^hichasestokes: pls don't ever say that again.

 tagged: sloanbrooks drewstarkey View all 2,937 comments sloanbrooks: my lil horsey    ^drewstarkey: only for u I swear madelyncline: tomfoolery horse additionuser: I swear she's so over dramatic like walk on ur own!   ^hichasestokes: pls don't ev...

Liked by sloanbrooks and 2,036,293 others
drewstarkey: just sloan trying to find 101 ways to pull her stitches out
tagged sloanbrooks
View all 12,386 comments
sloanbrooks: ur totally being dramatic now
   ^drewstakey: am not.
    ^madisonbaileybabe: I agree on w drew
madelyncline: my fav couples
   ^hichasestokes: hey?!?! Us?!??
lily.pates: dad was giving u the worried look @sloanbrooks
    ^sloanbrooks: was not.
user: ugh she's so using free for fame...