The Reckoning Pt.1

Start from the beginning

I was so in my thoughts I completely forgot that Nik was still on the phone.

"Bonnie?" He asked

I shake out of my thoughts and bring the phone to my ear

"I'm here. Sorry, I was just processing what you said."

"That's fine. Meet me at the high school and bring Rebekah."

"Okay, bye," I say before hanging up

I took a deep breath and sped back to the mansion, where I heard grunts and a loud crash. I followed the noise only to see Rebekah impaling Stefan with a crowbar.

"Ouch," I mutter

Rebekah looks over at me, and I could tell she was annoyed with Stefan.

"We are needed at the high school, sister," I say, tilting my head

"Then let's go... I'm done with him anyway." She walked up to me and grabbed my hand as we speed out of the mansion and make our way towards the high school.

We were in the hallway when we hear the annoying blonde and the wolf boy.

We walk towards them to see them making out against the school lockers.

"Isn't this just adorable?" Rebekah said mockingly, and I chuckle

"Weren't you just dating, Matt? You know, I told him once before that he deserved better, and I'm so glad that he realized that. You most definitely downgraded." I say with mock disappointment

"You..." Caroline says, pointing at me with wide eyes

"Hi, Caroline. I must say that green is not your color." I say with disgust

"Who is she?" The wolf boy pointed at Rebekah

"I'm the new girl," Rebekah says before speeding to attack Rebekah.

I hold back Tyler as he attempted and failed to break away from my hold

"Oh, come on, Tyler. You know you're not stronger than me. Stop embarrassing yourself."

I patiently waited for Rebekah to deal with Caroline, and after she was finished, we made our way to the gym with Tyler still in my grasp.

We open the double doors to see everyone in there.

The doppelganger and I lock eyes, and I send her a small wave.

Nik smiles at us and says, "The is my sister Rebekah, and I'm sure you all know my lovely wife, Bonnie. They can be quite mean."

I roll my eyes and shove Tyler in front of him

"I'm not mean," I say while Nik just chuckles

"Leave him alone!" Elena says

I just got here, and she's already annoyed me

Nik grabs Tyler's arm and says, "I'm going to make this very simple. Every time I try to create a hybrid, they die in transition. It's quite nasty, really." With that, he bites his wrist and shoves it into Tyler's mouth while everyone gasps.

"I suggest you find a solution for Tyler's sake, Emily." He says with a smile before snapping Tyler's neck and watching him fall to the ground.

Elena yelled out as Tyler hit the ground and Matt was in shock. He turned his head and made his way towards me.

"You let him kill Tyler," Matt said to me in disbelief

His face showed hurt, anger, and betrayal

"In my defense, I didn't know his plan," I say, looking at him trying to explain

My face is emotionless, but this is genuinely hurting me. I considered Matt, a friend.

"I thought you were different." He said, looking away from me and walking towards Elena

I lick my teeth and go sit in the bleachers next to Nik and Rebekah, waiting for Emily to leave and find a solution.

Nik looked at me with curiosity and turned to look at Matt with narrowed eyes. I shake my head no, not really wanting to talk about it.

"He's not dead. Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire." Elena said, pacing the gym floor

"And if Emily is successful, he will survive the transition. Go on, go get your grimoires or whatever." He said, dismissing Emily.

I look at Emily, and she looks scared. There's just something about her that seems different. I don't know what it is but, I have a feeling she is very important.

Nik gets up and walks to Elena, "I'll hold her for safe-keeping." He says to Emily

With that, Emily and Matt held hands and ran out of the gym.

Rebekah and I make our way down to the gym floor, where Nik and Elena stood.

"So, this is the doppelganger? The original one is much prettier." Rebekah says unimpressed

I looked at her, "That is exactly what I said!"

"Enough... could you take the wolf boy somewhere else?" He asked Rebekah

Rebekah grabbed Tyler's hand and dragged him to another location.

We waited for about 20 minutes before the double doors opened again and revealed a face I was starting to hate...

Stefan

Part two will be out soon, so don't worry lol.