𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

There was something unspoken between the two of them

      There was something unspoken between the two of them. It was undeniable, and yet, neither of them dared to speak of it.

      After they drove almost the whole night, Steve had suggested finally to park the car and sleep in a motel. Bella was dead tired, she could barely keep her eyes open by now, so she was more than happy to agree. He exited the highway and soon found a motel close by. Already asleep, Steve lifted her bridal style. With a sigh, she snuggled closer to his chest. She didn't even mean to do it, it just kind of happened. Carefully shifting her weight onto one arm, he opened the door with his other one and carefully, trying not to bump her head against the doorframe, went inside. 

      He went to lay her down on her bed. It was a rather small one since he got a room with two single beds this time. The lady at the reception wanted to give him a room with a twin bed but remembering last night, he chose not to do that. She had looked at him confused and asked if there was trouble in paradise, which he had responded to by simply shaking his head and awkwardly saying that they weren't a couple. 

      As she met the soft cushion, she sighed in her sleep, pulling Steve even closer and thus making him almost fall on top of her.  He tried not to wake her while gently trying to get her arms off him. But without success. If he didn't want to wake her, there was nothing he could do. "Someone's in a cuddling mood," he whispered while adjusting his position, so they'd now both lay somewhat comfortable on the small bed. Maybe he'd just allow this one more night. 

      The first thing she noticed when she woke up was his strong arms, which were wrapped tightly around her. The second thing she noticed was just how close they were to each other. Not an inch separated the two of them. How'd that happen?? The last thing she could remember was how she fell asleep in the car. He must've carried her to the bed. Oh god, did she actually cling to him? Was that why he was in bed with her? 

      Everything smelled so much like him she couldn't think straight. It was so nice to sleep in his arms, she thought. Now thinking about it, she'd actually never slept better than the last two days. Suddenly Steve started to move. She hastily closed her eyes again and hoped he would stay asleep. But instead of waking up, he just sighed and pulled her closer.

      Bella couldn't decide if him pulling her closer made her happy or anxious. Well, for one, she loved being in his arms, but he was asleep, so he didn't know what he was doing. Who did he dream about when he pulled her closer? Now full of doubt, she decided it was best for her to leave the comfort of his touch. Trying not to wake him, she carefully moved his arms away and stood up. 

      She decided to take a shower, and while she did, Steve woke up. After she had left his arms, he immediately felt something missing. With a sigh, he decided to get breakfast. With two coffee-to-go cups in one hand and a bag full of bagels in the other, he reentered the room to find Bella sitting on the bed. "Mornin'," he greets her with a smile. Her head shot up from her phone as her cheeks heated up. "Morning," she replied shyly. He gave her a cup and sat down on the other bed.