He was holding you tightly, tighter than you'd felt him do perhaps ever, as he caught his breath. "You're here." Kylo muttered, more to himself than to you, blinking as he stared up at the ceiling. "You're still here." He repeated, this time quieter.

You repositioned yourself so that he was still holding you but you were able to look at his face. You leaned forward to kiss him softly. "I'm here, Kylo. What's wrong?" You asked him gently.

This version of Kylo, the desperate, scared, and vulnerable one, was far different from the Kylo you'd been able to witness the night before when he was ordering you and his knights around.

Your relationship with him was a constant give and take. He took care of you when you needed it and you did the same for him. You were the only one he trusted enough to do that with.

Your trip wouldn't last forever. He didn't want to ruin any moment of it with his anxieties.

Kylo sighed, one of his hands going to the back of your head to smooth down your hair, playing with it absentmindedly. "Let's get back to bed, hm?" He shut his eyes, trying his best to relax with you so close and the sound of the waves nearby. "I didn't mean to wake you up, princess."

You rested your head back down onto his chest with a frown. You knew he was just brushing it off, but you were exhausted and almost too tired to argue with him over it. "A bad dream?"

Kylo yawned. The feeling of your body heat was enough to soothe him from the panicking he'd done a moment ago. "Yeah, baby. Just a nightmare. I'm okay." He kissed the top of your head. "Go back to sleep for me."

You wanted to know more and do more to comfort him but you also knew that when he got in a mood like this, it was best to just go along with his directions. You hummed and nodded, nuzzling against his bare chest.

Before you could even tell him goodnight, you were asleep, lulled into it from the beating of his chest.

"Good girl," Kylo murmured in a soft voice, kissing the top of your head again before shutting his eyes. Although he wasn't entirely at ease, knowing that you were safe and in his arms allowed him to close his eyes and slowly doze back off.

This time he slept soundly, no dreams at all.

Later that morning, the two of you were sitting on the balcony that overlooked the sea, the same one that coaxed you into sleeping just a few hours ago. The amount of breakfast food on the table between you was ridiculous and far more than the two of you could ever eat, even if you tried.

Kylo truly was treated like a king everywhere he went and in another country, was no exception.

It was picture-perfect.

Not only because of how gorgeous the environment looked around the two of you but the fact that the two of you were finally able to be alone and safe. When you had been in that shitty motel in the middle of nowhere, you never thought that you would even see him again, let alone be somewhere as perfect as this.

You glanced over at him and felt your heart skip a beat.

Kylo had some color on his face, tinges of tan and pink on the tops of his cheeks and nose from being in the sun. He had a thin white tank top and a few chains around his neck, comfortable gray sweatpants. His slightly touseled hair from sleep gently blew in the wind as he sipped on espresso from a tiny mug that looked almost comically miniature in his large hands.

When Kylo caught you staring at him, he winked at you from over the top of the mug with a smug smirk. The dazed look in your eyes let him know that you were admiring the way he looked and he couldn't deny the confidence it gave him. You always made him confident.