Chapter 3

Rosen’s POV

   Pain. Was all my mind could register, that I was in pain. The memory of how I ended up hurt sent my heart into a beating mess. The Hunters had came out of nowhere and somehow I got seperated from my Aunt and pack. I hoped everyone is okay, but with that thought also came fear. The fear of having to burry another pack member, the fear of not knowing; was like ice water through my veins.

     It nearly made my heart stop with the suddenness of their attack, the echoes of the gun shots rang in my mind as a cruel reminder of what happened with Alan. A whimper escapes my throat, from a different kind of pain my heart was now experiencing. 'Stop being so weak, and pay attention' I mentally yelled at myself. I had to stop those kinda thoughts, I am an Alpha and I had a pack to protect. But first I had to figure out where the hell I was.

       I tried turning on my side, but pain came flaring up from my right shoulder and down my arm has me stopping only to curse like nobody's business. Taking deep calming breaths to refrain from crying, I slowly opened my eyes to see myself in unfamiliar surroundings of someone else's territory. It smelled strongly of bear yet none were in sight, maybe one had lived here a little while ago.

       Still it made me feel completely uneasy to know that a much stronger predator maybe near, and with me injured it only caused my senses to be even more on high alert. I try to look around the room I'm in and slowly sit up, holding my shoulder in a vice grip and grinding my teeth as I went to moved my body.

     “You really shouldn’t move.” A deep gravelly voice says, I turn my head to see a very very big man leaning against the opening of the doorway.

       My eyes stay glued to him, it was like I couldn't physically force myself to stop staring if I tried. He had to be a few good feet taller than my 5'8. His arms were like tree trunks compared to my limp noodles I call arms. Tribal tattoos curled around his impressive biceps like vines looking for sunlight. Hair as black a ravens feathers cut close to his head, but looked as soft as silk. His Indian red skin tone told me he was either in the sun a lot or may have Indian blood rushing through his veins.

     As I was checking him out my brown eyes made contact with his dark alluring ones. I couldn't tell the color even though I was looking right at them. I was slowly drowning into him from his deep intense stare that was pulling me in.

       The heat pooling in my nether regions and the slight purring from my wolf, cause me to break my stare in slight confusion. Damn it to hell my heat was coming closer then I had realized.

      My face heats in embarrassment as I try to stop my thoughts and body from jumping this big stranger. When an Alpha female goes into heat the woman is no longer in control, it's her wolf needing to mate and have pups. 'I cannot believe this is happening to me. I thought mortified, hopefully he is some human and can't tell.

         But the smile on his face tells me I maybe wrong. I wonder what kind of shifter was he. He smiles at me, one that would have any girls panties wet; if I were wearing a pair that is. I gasp and look down at myself realising the only thing keep me from his heated gaze off my tattoos and yahoo was a thin blanket working like a barricade. To keep some semblance of modesty I brought the sheet up to my chin to cover me further.

     “Don’t worry too much, I’m not interested in dog.” He humors keeping that knowing smirk on his face; my nose crinkles up in disgust at the word dog. I am not a dog I am a wolf; a strong Alpha Female, a Luna god damn it.