Chapter 2

Rosen’s POV

Eyes thats all I could feel was their eyes, everyone was staring at me making my skin heated. From the females I felt their awe and even envy from a few but the males I felt like a piece of meat being dangled around to hungry wolves. I had to fight a smile with that thought as I trailed behind my aunt, trying to avoid the one stare that made me want to boil my skin off.     

   Victar, my Uncle wouldn't take his eyes off of me, like the creeper he is. He just stared at me as if he wanted to devour me. He always watched me too closely, as a child I avoided him as much as I could. Alan would act as a barrier between him and myself, but now that barrier is gone and the feeling of sandpaper on my body won’t leave as Victar leered at me.

  I think it was due to me looking so much like my mother. He had a thing for my mother when they were young, but she didn’t return his affections. My mother only had eyes for my father he was just something that she couldn’t live without. My Aunt called it a true mate- a real live soul mate. Very few were that lucky, many thought it a myth or something that had died along with the Ancient Ones but they were destined. Anyone who saw them together knew it, they would just simply glow at the sight of one another.

    I personally think my Uncle just settled for my Aunt because she was the closest thing to my mother besides myself. But I didn’t come till years later and it was too late by then. I don't know what my aunt saw in him I found him to be like scum, but he made my Aunt happy though I knew she deserved better.

    “Here they come.” My Aunt whispers excitedly, as she grasp my Uncle’s arm tightly. He made a slight face and shifted away from her a bit as though repulsed. If one weren’t paying attention you wouldn’t of noticed it but I was always careful and watchful around him…so I noticed.

   Sounds of wolves howling alert us of their presence “Wonderful” I whisper 'time for some of the best acting I've ever done in my life with that' thought I tug at the dress hoping to make it longer. Ignoring  my Aunts whacks at my hands and scolds at me for fidgeting.

   Their approach was really loud they must be a pretty big pack by the sounds of their pounding paws and all the howling they were doing. I sigh and straightened my stance to give that air of confidence and dominance while a small smile of greetings graced my lips in welcome. My pack stood behind me like back up and the air gave off that although small, we will fight if need be even when we knew we were unable to stop them if it came down to it.

     Then they were suddenly around us, there were a lot more than I had thought there would be.  I couldn’t help but feel threatened,

as they surrounded us, trapping off any exits for escape. Now everyone knows that no wolf likes to feel cornered. And the alpha in me wanted to let that be known that I would not stand for such disrespect in my territory.

      A low growl was making it’s way from deep in my chest up to my throat, as my Aunt dug her nails into my arm as a warning to me. No alpha wants to admit defeat in any form but I had to reign my wolf in. I knew I was strong, but I had to know my place among such a huge pack that could kill us all, and I wasn't gonna risk that all for my pride.

   A man bigger than the rest of the pack-the alpha I'm assuming- stood up and gave a low whistle having his pack gather behind him, similar to what were doing. 'Probably to show how much control he has over his pack' I thought to myself but remained with my smile.    

   “Good evening, I am sorry for the trouble!” The man who whistled earlier calls out but keeps his distance. Even from afar I knew he was quite attractive.